Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That "walk the plank" trap on Moustrapmonday looks effective

Comment

We have 2 coach whip snakes that live in a stump in the front yard at the lease house. Rats and mice are no problem. These things are fast too. I just wish they could fly and catch the woodpeckers.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
        What do you use for bait on the bottle?
        I take a cookie piece and wrap black electric tape around it. Bottle balance is something to take into consideration. You want to keep the bait on top so the bottle will roll. That bottle had a flat spot which helped balance the bait on top.

Comment

I bought an electronic device from Amazon called Bird X Pro. They were bad in the area and using this I have not had them since.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
            What do you use for bait on the bottle?
            Peanut butter or a strip of bacon

Comment

The pest control guy that does my Mom's house out in the country uses this stuff called final. He always gives her extra packets. I use them around my house and it seems to work good. I think you can find it online.
              Attached Files

Comment

Bucket Traps for Mice.
                Barrel Traps for Rats.
                Nothing works better. Repeats. Low Maintenance. Cheap. Works while you're not there.

Comment

Maybe you need more snakes. Get some of these and turn loose.

Comment

I use the old victor rat traps. It get mice too. The only bait to ever use is a cracked pecan. Just shell the end of and bury the bait point between the shell and meat of the nut with the meat pointed towards the edge of the trap. They can’t get the nut of the keeper without getting killed.

Comment

Get one of these.
                      https://www.automatictrap.com/produc...mouse-trap-kit

Comment

Just one bite rat and mouse poison

Spread it all over, around and under everything. I guarantee it will wipe them out all of them in a few weeks.

I did it all over my feed shed this last season. 2 weeks later the ranch owner called me to see what I had done because there were dead rats and mice all over the barn.
                        I will never use d-con or anything else. forget the traps. just use the bar.
                        they eat it and head to water and die.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                          Osage tree , Bodark tree. Also known as horse apple. I use these. Never had a mouse problem
                          bois d'arc (Maclura pomifera)

Bucket traps are good, just consider the smell and copy whoever uses them and what they use that doesn't have the smell issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                            Osage tree , Bodark tree. Also known as horse apple. I use these. Never had a mouse problem
                            Just curious, what do you do with the horse apple? Cut it into pieces? Why does it work?

Comment

Bucket trap is the way to go. Fill it with antifreeze, not water & smear peanut butter all over it for bait. Build a ramp up to it or next to something so they can get to the top.

Comment

Get you a tin cat trap it will catch a bunch of mice/rats before you need to reset it.

Comment

Working...
                                X