What bed cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bed cover?

Just got a new tundra and looking into a bed cover for keeping hunting gear safe in the bed and keeping corn dry.

Looking at a tri fold aluminum or hard top and was wondering what y’all have found to work best?

I went with the roll-n-lock on my tundra.

Comment

They all work pretty good as far as keeping stuff dry. But for keeping anything safe unless you have a locking tail gate they will not keep a thief out. Plastic latches under mine and wouldn't take much to pry it up and break them. Maybe a locking hard cover or a topper. But then again a thief is a thief.

Comment

Comment

Bed is lockable and a thief is always a thief. Just easier to see what’s in the truck before yea break the glass vs not knowing if anything in the bed. So about the only difference I would think.

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
          They all work pretty good as far as keeping stuff dry. But for keeping anything safe unless you have a locking tail gate they will not keep a thief out. Plastic latches under mine and wouldn't take much to pry it up and break them. Maybe a locking hard cover or a topper. But then again a thief is a thief.

Comment

I have a Diamondback HD. Best cover I've had for ease of bed access or removal if necessary. You can haul heavy/oversize stuff strapped on top of it which is a big plus for me. Only cover I've had that doesn't leak. But they are somewhat pricy

Comment

I had an Undercover for a long time on my tundra then switched to a camper. Consider campers too, more money but also more height for your covered space. You can also sleep in back in a pinch [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on my 5th truck with the ARE tonneau cover... Never had a leak yet, plus they look very nice. But the big reason I chose the ARE is it adds just a touch of clearance for things. For instance with a Roll n Lock or tri-fold, you can't put a large cooler in it. With my ARE, I can put my RTIC 110 in my bed and lay my rifle case on top of it. It's amazing what just a little space will do for your ability to haul your gear. In my chevy (06), I have to set one of those igloo "cube" square coolers with wheels right in the middle of the bed for even the ARE to clear it. In my Fords, it will fit anywhere and still close... beds are deeper plus clearance...

Comment

When I was shopping for one I was looking for a hard on one that rolled up, locked, that I could remove easily if I need to put something big in the bed, and didn't require drilling holes. Truxedo Sentry CT was the one I picked, and love it.

Comment

Diamondback. Cost about $1600 but well worth it. I will never buy anything else. Looks great. I can take it off and put it back on in less than 20 minutes. Holds up to 400#’s on top of it. Easy access from both front and back of truck bed. Tons of options. Even carry 4 wheelers on top of some models.

Comment

Diamondback HD!! Completely worth the money. Water tight, built right and bad to the bone!! I can have mine on and off in about 15-20 minutes. I can also haul pretty heavy stuff on top and just strap it down! Well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                        Diamondback HD!! Completely worth the money. Water tight, built right and bad to the bone!! I can have mine on and off in about 15-20 minutes. I can also haul pretty heavy stuff on top and just strap it down! Well worth the money.
                        This. Only negative is having to take it off to haul large items- you need to plan ahead. Backflip was the biggest POS ive ever spent money on. Faded and Rusted within 18 months, literally fell apart. I want to try a roll n lock but not sure I can even go with something other than diamondback.

Comment

Retrax

Comment

my bakflip mx4 has proven great locks with the tailgate and keeps things dry

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                              my bakflip mx4 has proven great locks with the tailgate and keeps things dry
                              This. Love mine and am very pleased with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X