X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep vaping is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
      A YEAR??? No offense, but it seems like a lot of these "vapers" are getting so involved and caught up in all the cute gadgets, flavors, etc., they're forgetting that the reason they started it in the first place was to quit smoking, not substitute one habit for another.
      So in your expert advice , how long does it take to quiet smoking?
      I've smoked for over 30 years...problem for me was I enjoyed smoking, so quiting wasn't as easy as you'd think...try not hunting/fishing this season by choice & see how it goes...

Also as stated, many are not looking to quiet smoking, just a "healthier" alternative...

As for all the "cute gadgets"...seriously? You're on a hunting forum with thread after thread of "cute gadgets" and you crack on vaping?!

...yeah, some people do get a little too caught up I guess.
      Last edited by Crazy Horse; 03-13-2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
        It will set off the detectors in your cabin on a cruise ship. Don't ask me how I know.
        Thanks...Good to know! But, more information please.

Did you have to blow vapor directly into the detector to set it off? What were the consequences of setting off the detector? Keel Haul? Brig?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
          A YEAR??? No offense, but it seems like a lot of these "vapers" are getting so involved and caught up in all the cute gadgets, flavors, etc., they're forgetting that the reason they started it in the first place was to quit smoking, not substitute one habit for another.
          I didn't forget the reason I started vaping in the first place; it was to stop dipping snuff, which I have done. To achieve that I KNEW I was going to substitute one habit for another, vaping for dipping; one being healthier than the other. That is what we do to stop bad habits right, substitute healthier behavior? Good food for bad food, exercise for couch potatoes, good habits for bad habits, one habit for another...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            I didn't forget the reason I started vaping in the first place; it was to stop dipping snuff, which I have done. To achieve that I KNEW I was going to substitute one habit for another, vaping for dipping; one being healthier than the other. That is what we do to stop bad habits right, substitute healthier behavior? Good food for bad food, exercise for couch potatoes, good habits for bad habits, one habit for another...
            Just like the rest of y'all I used tobacco most of my adult life or in my case for 45 years. I don't know what kind of e-cig I have and I don't care. I have some tephlon tape on one of the sections because it's a cheap POS. It uses an 18650 battery. It seems I need to keep 3 of them charged up for a day but I carry 6. I'm not sure what flavor I'm currently smoking. That's another story. But I'm pretty sure I don't care about that either. What I do care about is that I haven't touched tobacco for over a year and a half. What I do care about is that I have gone from 24 mil of nicotine to 1! ONE! The cost of my "new" habit is 10-15% what a tobacco habit cost. So, for the people who complain that vaping is just another habit........I don't care.

p.s.- my couch potato vaping azz hits the gym 3-4 times a week so that other theory is shot all to heck too.
            Last edited by RickyS; 03-16-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Forget Vaping, go to your Doctor and get some Chantex and quit smoking altogether. Worked well for me for 11 years now.

Comment

Vaping devices can be very very different, some e-cigs suppose small percentage of nicotine, meanwhile herbal vaporizers go with dry herbs only and are 100% chemicals free. I started with 3in1 vaping kit (which can be used with herbs, wax and liquids), and I have to say it absolutely substituted emotional addiction from smoking (I used nicotine patches and special therapy before, didn't succeed in any).

Comment

August 22, 2013 . . The day I put down cigarettes and started vaping . . Went from 24 strength to 12 . . Can smell again . . Can taste again . . No more coughing in the morning . . I replaced 33 carcinogens in cigs with 1 in vaping . . I am pleased . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                    Forget Vaping, go to your Doctor and get some Chantex and quit smoking altogether. Worked well for me for 11 years now.
                    I did the Chantix & had short term memory lose.
                    It first started at home - wife would claim to have asked me for a honey do, then a hour later when asked if I did it, I'd swear she had never said a word to me.
                    I figured she was just BSing me...

Then it started happening at work too...

Had one buddy it gave very bad nightmares too - like really twisted nightmares...

Comment

I smoked for about 5 solid years. Ended up getting a E-cig, smoked for a while. Eventually got off all of them. I have a Juul I will smoke maybe once or twice a month once I start drinking, but other than that I do not smoke anymore.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                          I did the Chantix & had short term memory lose.

It first started at home - wife would claim to have asked me for a honey do, then a hour later when asked if I did it, I'd swear she had never said a word to me.

I figured she was just BSing me...

Then it started happening at work too...

Had one buddy it gave very bad nightmares too - like really twisted nightmares...

This is what I’d be afraid of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Kinda what I'm thinking. I breath air. It's free and healthy.
                              You obviously haven't spent much time in a deer lease bunk house.

Comment

I've been on JUUL now, quit smoking about 8mths ago...smoked about 5years before that quitting...quit for about 5years before picking that up...smoked for about 10years before that quit...now the JUUL is taking care of me...feels good not coughing up boogers in the shower every morning...only one other guy here at work smokes and I occasionally try to get him to try a JUUL...saves a few pocket dollars for sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X