Camo Bike and Bow Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Bike and Bow Rack

A long time ago I saw a post here where a hunter camoed his bicycle and had a bow rack on the handlebars.
    Anybody hunt this way? Or know what happened to this post?

That's it! Thanks Shaun.

Comment

other than the feel of camo, why go to the trouble. i have yet to scare away game from my bike hiding place. and i find my shiny bike much easier with a flashlight too. and i use a bow carrying strap exactly like i do when i'm hiking. it scares me to have my most important tools out front breaking the way for me. i want to break the fall, not my b&a

Comment

I welded a rack in front of the handlebars on my bike, I wish I hadn't. The weight of the rack and a bow made it very hard to steer. If it was flat/level it would be fine, but I decided not to use it headed down a hill into a washed over road (Hagerman-Goode). Couldn't see wrecking out with $$$$$$$ of bow and accessories at risk.

If the bow holders are on the handlebars rather than in front it might be better.

Comment

Mad Dog Gear holds the bow with velcro and that's a no no. I'm looking at the ones from Kolpin that uses a big rubber band.
          I saw one on eBay that mounts under the seat and points backwards. $48.00 and how the heck are you going to swing your leg over your bow getting on and off your bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Superdog View Post
            Mad Dog Gear holds the bow with velcro and that's a no no. I'm looking at the ones from Kolpin that uses a big rubber band.
            I saw one on eBay that mounts under the seat and points backwards. $48.00 and how the heck are you going to swing your leg over your bow getting on and off your bike?
            get a girls bike like i did. no leg swinging needed. it is also lavender, so make your comments accordingly.

Comment

> Bicycle Hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                I welded a rack in front of the handlebars on my bike, I wish I hadn't. The weight of the rack and a bow made it very hard to steer. If it was flat/level it would be fine, but I decided not to use it headed down a hill into a washed over road (Hagerman-Goode). Couldn't see wrecking out with $$$$$$$ of bow and accessories at risk.

If the bow holders are on the handlebars rather than in front it might be better.
                Di you see my almost wipe out spot on that road, or maybe another but yeah I hear where you are coming from!!!!! It was close.

Comment

I haul a kid trailer behind my bike. I put all my gear and my bow in it. The only problem is that I am wearing off the camo off of my bow. It needs to be in a soft case.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
                    get a girls bike like i did. no leg swinging needed. it is also lavender, so make your comments accordingly.
                    Atleast no one will want to steal it

Comment

My Hag rig. A Montana Scabbard on the front for my bow and a heavy duty bike rack on the back for my climber or hang-on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7170019c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	23964924

Comment

Check out This web site for handlebar mounts, best I have seen and is by far the best I have used. suregripracks.com.

Mudbone

Comment

Anyone just use a Primos bow sling?

Comment

Already have one !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X