Arrow Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Tuning

Ok ladies and gents, I am stuck in Plano with no way to get to a range where I can practice at distances greater than 20 yards and I have some awesome new arrows curtesy of muddyfuzzy that I need to get my bow tuned to. My question is, can I sight my bow in at twenty, shoot at ten and back calculate my 25, 30, 35, 40 yard pins? Is this even possible? Mind you I don't have a trophy ridge react, unfortunately, lol.. Y'alls help is appreciated.

Keep trying. there is a formula for sighting in at feet and being equal to yds.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
      Keep trying. there is a formula for sighting in at feet and being equal to yds.

Cool will give that a shot

Comment

Have you tried going to Texans in McKinney? Maybe you can stretch it a little farther there ?

Comment

I have no idea what Texans is?? Still finding places to go here..

Comment

Arrow Tuning

Texans Archery - on the NE corner of 75 / 380 on the right side of Academy

Comment

There is a range like that in plano also at plano Pkwy and 75 behind chic fila. Might be the same company, that name sounds the same

Comment

Yea but I think they only have a 20 yard range...

Comment

It can be done, but you will need some math or a program.

Both TAP and Archer's Advantage give ballistic data for your arrow. From this you can calculate drop at different distances.

When setting up the pins the drop is going to be a negative number, IOW it will be rise.

Using the ballistic data and 20 yards as a starting point calculate the drop at 30 yards; let's say it is 7 inches.

Set the 30 yard pin and shoot from the same spot (20 yards) at the same spot on the target as when you set the 20 yard pin but use the 30 yard pin.

The arrow will impact high; measure the distance from the aimpoint to the arrow and it should be equal to the calculated drop (7 inches). If it isn't adjust the 30 yard pin until the arrow hits the same distance above the aim point as the calculated drop.

Shoot in the 20 yard pin.
                  Set the 30 yard pin and, using the 30 yard pin, aim for the same spot on the target.
                  Adjust the 30 yard pin so that the arrow is above the aimpoint by the same distance as the calculated drop.

At a minimum you will need:
                  An arrow program like TAP or AA.
                  A chronograph for arrow speed.
                  Weight of the arrow.

It is far easier to find a place to shoot longer distances.

Comment

Comment

I sighted in my bow with my new arrows using this scale I got at.my local bow shop.

7 yards = 20 yards
                      5 yards = 30 yards
                      3 yards = 40 yards

It is pretty accurate when I tuned my arrows

Comment

Working...
                      X