Heart Of Texas Whitetails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Of Texas Whitetails

4000 acres by Brady. Kevin Burleson Outdoor writer,fishing guide on Ive? Any body hunted whitetail or axis there?

There are a ton of white tail in Brady. A buddy of mine has hunted there for about 7 years. Lots of hog but no axis on there lease.

Comment

Do a search under the Rate the Daylease forum. A lot of TBH'ers went there in the last year or so.

Comment

There are some Axis. On the pasture we were on I had shots at some Axis does and one axis buck. Here is a link to some reviews. I had a good hunt there and would go back some others didn't.

Comment

Anybody going there this year? I am booked for the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Comment

H.o.t.

I'll be there in mid December. I've been told that the thanksgiving weekend is awsome because that's when the bucks start to rut. There is some Axis there. Ive seen them on pasture 5,6,8, and 12. I saw a huge one on 12 last december.
            Its a great place, great guys, lots of animals. Only thing is, will the big one come out? Good luck!

Comment

I am heading there on the 16th of October. I am from PA ... first time to hunt deer in TX. I was down a couple weeks ago for hogs. Did you see a goo # of whitetails on the pastures you saw the axis on? Any help would be greatly appreciated since we only have one person driving and the rest flying in from all over ... 8 of us total.

Thanks!!

Comment

We went in Nov. and saw a small heard or two of Axis and plenty of whitetails. We are booked again this year in the first of Dec.. Listen to Kevin he knows his stuff. He set us up in one good spot to put a stand. We didn't see any hogs or signs of hogs when we were there. A good popup and plenty of corn.

Comment

Thanks for the reply ... luckily I have enought time to make sure I have a second blind shipped down and to tell the guy that is driving to double the corn. Thanks again.

Comment

just got back see post under hunting reports. we never saw axis but did here them. will definatly go back(hopefully this yr). good luck and like they said listen to kevin.great place and great hosts.

Comment

Working...
                    X