• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart of Texas Bowhunting

Anybody been there?

Luke is this you? Good luck this weekend. phil

Comment

It's me...Thanks for the LUCK, I hear we will need it.

Comment

Is there plenty of game here? Seen it on the web but not seeing much feed back.

Comment

We just got back from the ranch late last night. The group of six I was hunting with took two doe. To answer your question there are plenty of deer on the ranch. Whitetails are all we saw but, they claim there are several herds of Axis living there. I think there was sixteen total hunters in camp this weekend and if i'm not mistaken the total number of deer killed was four doe, three bucks (one of which was a penalty buck), zero axis, zero turkey and zero vamits/hogs. You might be thinking the numbers sound bad but, I can tell you this place is loaded with deer. I saw deer every time I sat on stand and I averaged seeing eight doe and five bucks (non-shooters) per sitting. I took a doe yesterday morning, she was the only mature doe I saw. Kevin and Craig are trying to create a ranch that will allow the average hunter an opportunity at harvesting the buck of a lifetime in a day lease environment. They are both great guys and the first day lease operators that I felt like I could trust and were telling me the truth. They are not salesmen trying to make a buck and cover the lease rate they put up. They know the deer and will help you get set up for a successful hunting experience. The most important part is seeing wildlife and enjoying nature not just killing the animal. The accomidations are second to none. Warm cabins, hot water and comfortable beds. How much more could a hunter need. We will definetly be back there next year.

Comment

Awwesome time.

Went with Bucksavy and had a blast. Lots of deer. Did not shoot a thing but was awesome place. These guys know whats up. If you have an inclining give em a try. New to the block... on the right track!!!!!

They have em... I just suck.

Hank

Comment

Heart of Texas

I hunted there last year. I came back with a mature doe. I saw plenty of deer, mostly doe and a few non-shooter bucks.
              During a tour of the ranch, I saw several axis deer, one was a shooter. The second evening, I saw about 20 turkies but opted not to shoot.
              The operation is first class and you can't find a better deal for the price.
              I'm am returning to H.O.T. in mid december. Hopefully I'll return with something with antlers...

Comment

Do They Have A Web Site

Comment

and do they have lots of hogs?

Comment

They told me that they had some hogs but not a tremendous amount.

Their website http://www.heartoftexasbowhunting.com/

Hope this helps.

Hank

Comment

Dec. trip

Any recent reports?

Thanks.

Comment

Heart of Texas

Got back late sunday. Overall I think it was a good weekend. There was a little over 10 hunters in camp. Most of us saw plenty of deer. Most of the deer were non-shooters. There were some shooters seen, unfortunately, they were quite a ways out.
                        Couple of guys out of East Texas shot several doe and one buck. He didn't look to impressive. I came back with a doe and a 6 pt. cull buck (no brow tines). I think they've pretty much ran the hogs off the ranch or made them nocturnal. Nobody saw pigs.
                        We did have a full moon out this weekend, that could have affected big deer movement and saturday and sunday were pretty windy.
                        I stuck to my pop up blind and that seemed to help keep my scent out of the their nose. I shot the doe at 9 yards and the buck at 12 yards.
                        I'm pretty happy with the turn out and looking forward to going next year....

Comment

Recent Report

Interesting report Vulcan. Sounds like you are kind of disappointed....

I head out on Thursday of next week. I just hope the weather is decent.

Are there just not a lot of shooters on the place in your opinion?

How "gun shy" were the deer?

Comment

Heart of Texas

Actually, I am satisfied by the outcome. The ranch is a great place and like I said, I plan to return next year.
                            As for big deer running around. I'm more that sure they live on the place. Whatever is was this past weekend that kept them out of sight, I don't know.
                            This weekend should be good. I believe the moon will not be out and probably another cold front moving in.
                            My suggestion to you is, make sure you put out corn and stay out in the woods as long as possible....Good luck!

Comment

Vulcanman,
                              Hey I was wondering where their ranch is located. I hunt 13 miles out from brady towards menard on FM 1311. I was up there this week and it was hard hunting, I think your right with the wind early this week and the moon. I saw plenty of bucks but few does which was what I was hunting.
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X