Dumb question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question...

I’m not a gun tower guy, and my question is how do you get a 4x6 blind on a 10’ tower base without a tractor? I’m a bow guy and completely out of my element not scared to admit. With my son finally of the age to start going with me i got us something decent to hunt in, but don’t want my ignorance to break or damage the fiberglass.

Thanks Corey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull it over with a rope on one side and hold tension on the other.

Comment

Raising of a 14 ft (at base), 1000# tower deer stand, pulled up via the use of a gin-pole & Chevy 4x4 Suburban, utilizing E-Z Tower brackets.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bIF-u9S2PwQ"]8x8, 1000 LB, 14 FT Tower Deer Stand Raising - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Besides laying it over if you have good trees you can hoist it up through windows and move the base under it.or Some long boards or pipe run out and the push, pull it up onto tower at an angle.

Comment

Lots of ways. Assemble it on the ground. Stake two of the legs down where you pretty much want it to set, ( t-post and a chain) tie a rope on the back side of the stand bring it over the top of the blind pull it up with a truck/rope slowly.Does not hurt to have another person or two on the other side with another rope going the other direction to insure is drops over slowly. That's one way.

Much like the video above!
          Last edited by Still Hunter; 10-01-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Lay it on its side on the ground or the trailer. Attach legs, and lift it up with muscle or winch.

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Look up standing a 10 ft blind with a chain and pole. I have stood a lot of stands this way. Assemble the stand on the ground on its side. Hook a log chain to the base of the stand and I use a 10’ pole with a hook under the chain near the blind. The pole gives an upward pull and keeps the stand from sliding. Slowly pull the stand up with a truck or UTV. There is and old post of us doing it so you can get a better ideal of what I’m trying to describe. It works like a champ.

Comment

Standing tower with a pole and chain.

Comment

This is how we do it

Comment

We strapped to a front end loader. Up she goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                        Look up standing a 10 ft blind with a chain and pole. I have stood a lot of stands this way. Assemble the stand on the ground on its side. Hook a log chain to the base of the stand and I use a 10’ pole with a hook under the chain near the blind. The pole gives an upward pull and keeps the stand from sliding. Slowly pull the stand up with a truck or UTV. There is and old post of us doing it so you can get a better ideal of what I’m trying to describe. It works like a champ.
                        How’d you connect the chain to the top of the pole?

Comment

We welded a chain hook. It keeps the chain from sliding.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                            This is how we do it

Yep. Long rope and a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I built then bolted together my BNL's box and tower. Then ran a tow strap around the middle of the box. And pulled it over with my truck in the back ground. It rocked one time and set solid when it cam back down. The box weighs a ton.

Here's a link to the build process. Or just go to the end of the second page.

Comment

Working...
                              X