Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming moose and sheep draw

Results are up, for moose at least.
    Spouse drew his 2nd moose tag and our 4th overall.
    Looking forward to the hunt and perhaps a combo in Region G for big mule deer, elk too.
    Any bull will do and we love moose meat !

That’s awesome! Congrats. Going on my first moose hunt in Alaska this September. Saw a nice bull moose in Idaho this past year while elk hunting.

Comment

Nice, congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Yes, moose meat is as good as it gets.

Comment

Looking forward to it. I've called in several bulls while elk hunting. Hoping I'm not just the camp cook and extra packing help.
          Called this smaller bull across a meadow to within 10 yds or so. When you see the whites of their eyes and the hackles go up, time to step away from the calling.
          I was charged once by a bull I shot with my recurve. My moose story is in this issue of Traditional Bowhunter : https://tradbow.com/product/aprmay-96/

We'll be in big bull elk county and big mulies too, Region G.
          Attached Files

Comment

All of the moose, sheep, goat and bison tag results are available today. I was unsuccessful in drawing a bison tag.

However, I do have a buddy who drew a moose tag and his son (middle schooler) drew both a goat and a sheep tag. I told him he better buy a mega millions lottery ticket because that is about what the odds would be for his son to draw both of those tags in the same year. I also told him he better just plan on taking the entire fall off of work!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
              All of the moose, sheep, goat and bison tag results are available today. I was unsuccessful in drawing a bison tag.

However, I do have a buddy who drew a moose tag and his son (middle schooler) drew both a goat and a sheep tag. I told him he better buy a mega millions lottery ticket because that is about what the odds would be for his son to draw both of those tags in the same year. I also told him he better just plan on taking the entire fall off of work!
              The bison tag is a different hunt than when we had our 3 cow tags. Didn't put in this year but bulls only for us from now on.

Holy moly on the great tags for your friends. What area for the sheep? If it's 19 I might have some info for you. Curious on the moose as well, we'll be west side of state.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                Results are up, for moose at least.
                Spouse drew his 2nd moose tag and our 4th overall.
                Looking forward to the hunt and perhaps a combo in Region G for big mule deer, elk too.
                Any bull will do and we love moose meat !
                Congratulations, and good hunting!

Comment

a shiras bull tag is high on my list of hunts, I'd love to get one but my best odds might be a landowner tag in Utah even though they have gone way up over the past several years.

Comment

Good luck WyTex. I had my first moose meat in elk camp last year...very mild and very tasty.

I hope to see the LDPs.

Comment

Another Wyoming moose/goat/sheep whiff for me. I should draw a sweet pronghorn hunt, though.

Congrats on the moose tag. Jealous!!!

To the guy with the buddy who's family drew moose, sheep and goat...I have no words other than JACKPOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        That’s awesome! Congrats. Going on my first moose hunt in Alaska this September. Saw a nice bull moose in Idaho this past year while elk hunting.
                        Good luck on the Alaska moose hunt. Definite bucket list adventure!

Comment

Awesome! Good luck on the hunt

Comment

Congrats

Looking forward to following or a recap

Comment

Congrats....

Comment

Working...
                              X