Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
    I've been told that "my type" aren't welcome in Austifornia. Better stick to my neck of the woods over here and let UPS deliver it. Besides, you'd want to take me to some BBQ place where you have to get in line the day before just to get a piece of brisket for lunch.
    My every day life is kind of like Owen Wilson’s character in Behind Enemy Lines. I’m also about as dumb as Owen Wilson, so life is pretty comical.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      My every day life is kind of like Owen Wilson’s character in Behind Enemy Lines. I’m also about as dumb as Owen Wilson, so life is pretty comical.
      Lol.....I'm right here with ya in Round Rock. Only thing I go to Austin for is work, if I can't get it in Wilco I don't need it.

Comment

Last time I went through Austin this little gem cut me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Ya but no one "needs" a F-350 in their little world. How dare you not drive an electric car that is recharged by the wind created by fairy wings!
          Yep, until their precious little boy needs an ASM to pull the 13,000 lb scout trailer.

Comment

Question: I am currently awaiting F1/F4 approval and am moving at the end of the month. What affect, if any, would changing the address of my trust have on the Form 1/4 while being processed? I will have to change my address for my LTC. Changing the address on the trust is no big deal either BUT I'm concerned about the paperwork being "incorrect" after I change my address here in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Just got word.

Trust form 4

Check Cashed 3/15/17
              ATF Approved 12/30/17 (Saturday)
              Waiting on arrival of stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                Question: I am currently awaiting F1/F4 approval and am moving at the end of the month. What affect, if any, would changing the address of my trust have on the Form 1/4 while being processed? I will have to change my address for my LTC. Changing the address on the trust is no big deal either BUT I'm concerned about the paperwork being "incorrect" after I change my address here in the next couple weeks.
                Page 3 of your Form 4 has a section titled: "Important Information for Currently Registered Firearms"

It says: "Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in item 2a."

Page 2 of your Form 1 has a similar section with slightly different language. It says "Change of Description or Address: The registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearms in item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant."

If I were you, I would call my Form 4 dealer first, and see what he says.
                Last edited by 35remington; 01-18-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Getting excited! My form was mailed on 3/21/2017, but how are yall finding out when your check was cashed? Fyi I'm doing a form 4 with trust from Capitol Armory.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                    Getting excited! My form was mailed on 3/21/2017, but how are yall finding out when your check was cashed? Fyi I'm doing a form 4 with trust from Capitol Armory.

Jason Slocum
                    i think you can email them to find out!!!

Looking like 10-11 months on a trust is about the rate

Comment

Jason Slocum
                      Call and check with the ATF. They will tell you the date it was put into the system (check cashed) and where it is in the process.

Under Review, Rejected, Waiting on information, Approved etc.

Comment

Are the same people that process the form 4's the ones that have to answer the questions each time someone calls wanting a status? I could see the hundreds of calls they get daily really bogging down the process if so....

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          Are the same people that process the form 4's the ones that have to answer the questions each time someone calls wanting a status? I could see the hundreds of calls they get daily really bogging down the process if so....
                          Doubt it......the bureaucracy would have pions to talk to real people.

Comment

Next week I am at 3 months

Shooting for 10 month turnaround total

Comment

Every time someone bumps this to the top I always hope that someone is posting that they got theirs back in 4 months and that will be the new norm.... I can keep dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                Are the same people that process the form 4's the ones that have to answer the questions each time someone calls wanting a status?
                                No.

but how are yall finding out when your check was cashed? Fyi I'm doing a form 4 with trust from Capitol Armory.

Comment

Working...
                                X