Utility poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utility poles

I know a couple of guys that have gotten utility poles and a thread went around talking about it. I know it was said you can get them through your local power company but where do I go and who I call?

Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get a new barn in place for my grandfather that was taken down in a storm.

my local hardware store carries 20footers/only help i got

Comment

Following.

Comment

McCoys in Huntsville

Comment

Thanks for the replies but if I can get them for free I will definitely be going that route since I need about 20 of them.

Comment

If you see a contractor working on a wood pole line stop and ask if you could have some of the used ones. It is typically their responsibility to get rid of them.

Comment

Awesome info, thanks.

Comment

I helped a friend build a bridge on his place using old utility poles. He found them by calling the rural co-op that provides service to his ranch. Not sure if he got them directly from the co-op or if they connected him with the contractor they use. I don't think they were free but very close to it.

Comment

You can stop and ask some co ops or contractors. Good luck though we are usually wanting to keep them our selfs.. But if you know someone they might lend you one. We stand in line at the co op I work at waiting on an old one to be retired

Comment

Co-Op Syntergy is replacing poles all over Madison county..give them a call

Comment

Check with a utility company or power company contractor. Most usually give old ones that are still pole barn worthy away. I have given several to people off our yard here in N Tx. Usually if they aren't spoken for they get trashed.

Comment

20 poles.. how long do you need

Comment

there's a place on the east side of San Antonio [LOOP 410 AND RIGSBY AREAR] that sells them have bunches of them

Comment

These guys will have it. I order all of my wood poles through one of these two companies...

Conroe Wood Products
                            804 W Dallas St, Conroe, TX 77301
                            (936) 760-2974

Building Products Plus
                            12317 Almeda Road, Houston, TX 77045
                            (713) 434-8008

Comment

Call the chief engineer at the electric co-ops. My co-op, Heart of Texas, has an 800 number and they usually sell the poles for a nominal fee. Last year they were moving their yard and gave them away.

Comment

Working...
                              X