Low Poundage Broadhead for Wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Poundage Broadhead for Wife?

My wife got her first bow for Christmas. I got her a Mission Switch, and we rigged it with a QAD and a CBE Hybrid Single Pin. To get her started and able to practice plenty we have it set on 28#'s right now, and I plan to creep it up for her as she progresses. My hope is to get her on the plus side of 40lbs to start hunting with it(Is that enough?).

Which broadhead have you guys had success with in real light poundage bows? I was thinking something along the lines of a Stinger?

I have become a big Magnus Broadhead fan this year. Get her a solid fixed blade and let it eat. + Side of 40 should have her killing in no time

Comment

Magnus stinger, iron will solid. Get some decent weight up front and keep it close

Comment

Both of my girls grew up using magnus stingers. They are great with low poundage bows.

Comment

Just researched this same issue recently and the consensus is 2 blade cut on contact broadhead. Magnus Stinger is what I will be buying. I could not find any in stock, so I am going to hope inventories increase in the spring so I can pick some up. Now that the season is essentially over, I've got time to wait.

Comment

Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts. Son used the 4 blade Stinger Buzzcuts and has had great results @ 40 lbs. He was shooting the 85 gr version and had no problem with pass throughs on deer.

Comment

SlickTrick standard. Proven time and time again on Kansas Sized deer and pigs with low poundage and short draw. Plus you get the benefit of 2” worth of trama!!!

Comment

We had good luck with Magnus Buzzcuts with my son's bow when he was just getting into it. I think his bow was in the 35# range and he shot thru deer at 10-20 yards. They just don't cut a huge gaping hole so your blood trail will probably be thinner.

Comment

My wife is right at that 40# mark and shoots 100grn slick tricks. She hasnt killed a deer but has stacked some pigs to about 160# with it

Comment

I’ve been shooting kudu points this year. Great heads and easy to sharpen. Last four animals I’ve shot none have ran farther that 30 and I saw all four fall. Shot placement has a lot to do with it but they fly true and are very sharp

Comment

She killed 2 bucks with a G5 Montec this season, both were hit in the same spot, a touch high shoulder and both dropped in their tracks. She’s pulling 45 lbs.

We also got her a Mission but I don’t remember which one but it’s sweet. I did a qad test and an HHA single pin on hers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sharp fixed blade, and don’t think they come sharp out of the package. My wife shoots 45# Mathews, 400 spine arrows with a 3 blade G5. Arrow weight total around 450 grains. Broadheads at the easy part, but biggest mistake most people make is going to light on the arrow and the spine. Spine charts would tell you my wife’s setup is all wrong. Testing and tuning would tell me it’s perfect. She also somehow manages to kill a bigger buck than me quite often [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife shot slick trick razor tricks for a few years . Now she is shooting grizz tricks 2’s

Comment

I like two blade cut on contact heads for that. Bleeders are fine as long as not too big. I don’t think you can beat a stinger for what you are asking. My wife shoots 37 pounds and has killed quite a few deer and pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              SlickTrick standard. Proven time and time again on Kansas Sized deer and pigs with low poundage and short draw. Plus you get the benefit of 2” worth of trama!!!
                              Thats my recomendation.

for my kids 100 grain slick trick is the standard.

I myself like a big wide expandable but a slick trick standard is a great head

Comment

Working...
                              X