Youth Release opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Release opinions

Our 11 y/o son wanted & received a compound bow for Christmas. He's a smaller framed kid and my release was too big for his wrist. Any recommendations on a good release for kids? I have always used Tru-Fire, has anyone used the Tru-Fire Spark Youth buckle?

Without him trying it on, I'm leery of ordering one. Any places in Richmond/Rosenberg or Sugarland area carry these on the shelf?

Or anyone have any other opinions of releases for a youth?

My son has been using a True fire Patriot Jr. since he was 7 (now 12). It's a basic nylon velcro strap. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
      My son has been using a True fire Patriot Jr. since he was 7 (now 12). It's a basic nylon velcro strap. No complaints.
      Thanks, we actually grabbed a Patriot Jr at Academy earlier. Hopefully he’ll get to use it this week. I hate Velcro so we may eventually get the buckle. I first want to make sure he sticks with it.

Comment

I just returned a trufire spark to lancaster. Trigger was very spongy. And the set screw for adjusting trigger travel was stuck. Trigger was made of cast something and seems the little set screw had oxidized into it. Also buckle was still big for my 11 year old girl. We tightened it to the last hole. For its price I was disappointed. Maybe if it was 25$ or something. I ordered a tru ball shooter junior. Guess we will see

Comment

My 11 year old is using the patriot Jr and it works well for a beginner. Stay away from the Blackout releases, we went that route 1st and it was so light at the heaviest tension that I just felt it was unsafe for a kid to use.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

My boy was shooting with a Scott- Little Goose trigger release around that age.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X