HB 957 - Texas made suppressors exempt from NFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HB 957 - Texas made suppressors exempt from NFA

&#9664Previous Post Next Post▶ Constitutional carry (though it isn’t yet final) hasn’t been the only win for gun rights to come out of the waning days of the Texas legislative session. Early this morning, the Senate passed HB 957, which addresses the regulation of suppressors made within the Lone Star State. The bill does three things: […]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waiting and watching

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
        Waiting and watching
        x2 with money in hand

Comment

If other states can have legal cannabis markets this should be a states rights slam dunk, I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
            If other states can have legal cannabis markets this should be a states rights slam dunk, I hope!

So sounds like it would be against federal law still until that process is completed, which will likely never happen. Don’t see this taking the blind eye approach that weed has. For the record I think both should be legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They need to do the same thing with SBR’s.

Comment

waiting with fingers crossed n money in my pocket

Comment

It will still be illegal federally. The businesses the produce and sell suppressors will still be at the mercy of ATF (who would sell you one). the only thing this bill does is remove state law and penalty regarding suppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                    It will still be illegal federally. The businesses the produce and sell suppressors will still be at the mercy of ATF (who would sell you one). the only thing this bill does is remove state law and penalty regarding suppressors.
                    So private f2f sales I assume. I am fine with that.

Comment

Sounds like I might be closer to buying a suppressor than ever before...

Comment

I might need to order me some threaded barrels for some of by builds now.

Comment

Read up on how it worked out in Kansas....

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Read up on how it worked out in Kansas....

Yep. I sure wouldn’t want to be the guinea pig as an individual or a manufacturer. There’s no way the ATF will just turn a blind eye on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The way the bill reads this just needs to run across the desk if a federal judge be deemed constitutional and it will effectively become law. How long that will take who knows. But hopefully they rule on it quickly and suppressors become much much easier to aquire in this state. I will own a dozen sooner than later if this bill comes into affect.

Now they just need to do machine guns and SBR and SBS and we would be getting somewhere.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X