YouTube going after gun channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube going after gun channels

Paul Harrell mentioned that his YT channel was recently demonetized as well as other gun channels. He doesn’t want to sell merchandise but it may become necessary and even a sponsor in order to stay afloat.

Wonder how many other gun channels have been demonetized?

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_sHvI--RU"]Demonetization Update - YouTube[/ame]

I won’t watch much on youtube

Comment

I believe John Lovett had mentioned something like this in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Seems that many of them have migrated to Patreon to help recover their time investment into posting videos. I have done a few videos so can appreciate what is required to put together a quality video.

Comment

I guess I never realized how much folks was making on there.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
            Some people do well, I think the majority of guys are just happy if they make enough to pay for their equipment and make something for their time spent filming and editing.

Comment

This has been happening for a long time. That’s why the big names all have sponsors. It allows them to make whatever content they want and still make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Youtube is owned by Google. What did you expect? All they wanna do is pander to people who don't know if they're supposed to use the men's room or the ladies room.

Comment

Eric Cortina mentions this in a couple of his reloading videos. When referring to his rifle or bullets, the term "freedom delivery machine" or "freedom seed" is used. Made me laugh but actually sad how crazy censorship exists today.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                    Big channels can make money but a hunting/shooting related channel with 10-15K subscribers regularly putting out videos that get 5k-30k views won't make but $100-$200/max a month. It takes a BIG channel to generate real money on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                      Big channels can make money but a hunting/shooting related channel with 10-15K subscribers regularly putting out videos that get 5k-30k views won't make but $100-$200/max a month. It takes a BIG channel to generate real money on Youtube.
                      Your numbers are a little off. I have a YT channel that has 7k subs. I put out 2-3 videos per week that average 1k views and I make 3 times per month that what you are suggesting. It's still not a lot compared to my full-time job but it is enough that my wife was able to quit her full time job and focus more on YT.

Demolition Ranch has 10 million subs and is demonitized. He has sponsors for videos all the time that supplement what he's loosing.

Comment

Again? I remember YT did this a year or two ago going after gun channels.

Comment

They’ve been getting demonetized for years now. Okay nice someone gains traction they have to start getting sponsors for videos instead of just relying on add revenue. Gets annoying but it’s owned by google so no less is expected

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Again? I remember YT did this a year or two ago going after gun channels.
                            Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                            They’ve been getting demonetized for years now. Okay nice someone gains traction they have to start getting sponsors for videos instead of just relying on add revenue. Gets annoying but it’s owned by google so no less is expected

An owner of one gun channel said his videos are even being edited without his consent. And his videos are nothing edgy or controversial whatsoever. Some viewers have noticed the irregularities and so he responded publicly about the peculiar YT editing that’s been going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
                              An owner of one gun channel said his videos are even being edited without his consent. And his videos are nothing edgy or controversial whatsoever. Some viewers have noticed the irregularities and so he responded publicly about the peculiar YT editing that’s been going on.

Really? Who is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X