Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 College Baseball

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    This App State field is a beauty, location wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When I did my official visit there I was suspect on the amount of students walking around barefoot, quad smelled like downtown Denver on a Saturday..... boy was it beautiful but man, the campus is a UNIQUE place to be.

As an avid fly fisherman Boone was at the top of my list, however my father and I bugged out after day 1 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

La Tech better than Texas in baseball. Facilities, program, fans, gameday atmosphere. Keep telling yourself that.

Capacity is 2100. Lol.

Dear lord people. Sheesh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-08-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        La Tech has a brand new stadium, and a salty ball team...which Glen’s son plays on.

I’ll be checking that one out at some point, but I don’t get a choice in that matter.[emoji15]

Yeah. We know. He told us countless times. 2100.

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Yeah. We know. He told us countless times. 2100.

If my son ever plays a game at Juco you gonna hear about it more than that.[emoji23] Maybe high school!

La Tech’s field got destroyed by a tornado, so they rebuilt as fast and nice as they could with a some alumni help. Karl Malone, and Barkley mostly. It’s a mid major with a cool new park and a rising ball program. I hope they don’t lose their coach with all the open spots.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            La Tech lost to NC State. They had a good run. Returning most of the team. Has one of the premier stadiums in college baseball now. Entire college has enrollment less than Texas business school. Sold out baseball all year. And the Disch has history but is not a quality stadium. Weight room and physical lab outdated. But you are correct during the 80s and 90s it was top notch.
            You might want to upgrade your Texas sucks list. They received major upgrades in several areas..

Fall practice provided the Longhorns an opportunity to benefit from a new weight room, nutrition center, batting cages, and bullpen.

Last edited by Smart; 06-08-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              If my son ever plays a game at Juco you gonna hear about it more than that.[emoji23] Maybe high school!

La Tech’s field got destroyed by a tornado, so they rebuilt as fast and nice as they could with a some alumni help. Carl Malone, and Barkley mostly. It’s a mid major with a cool new park and a rising ball program. I hope they don’t lose their coach with all the open spots.

Good for them. Glad to hear. I hope they do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                You might want to upgrade your Texas sucks list.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...facility-video
                Del Conte is rolling. I just hope they can keep up with Louisiana Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                  This is my personal favorite time of the year. Getting calls and texts from literally dozens of different people all day long yesterday and all morning this morning asking if I have any extra tickets or know of any available tickets for a Super Regional at a stadium that has been sold out for every weekend series all year long. People crack me up.
                  I thought it was just me. I saw over 20 home games this year and I don’t even get a chance to buy tickets. Everyone assumes I have some great connections and texts/calls me. I am watching us on tv with everyone else. It will be on at the restaurant with the volume up high. Come get a burger and join us. Guns up!

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Aggies got their new leader. I love it. It will be interesting to see his salary now he’s at a public university.

Last edited by Heath; 06-09-2021, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Glad to see Schloss coming to CS

Comment

Heath. They needed it bad. Was there with kid in 17 or 18 and what they had for athletes was not quality. Most of the training area looked to be hand downs from football. With Texas history and money they did ignore baseball it appeared. Baylor has good digs. OSU also spent some $$$ and has an awesome place. Id put there facility at the top of what I have been through. There is alot more to a baseball facility than a chairback for a fan to sit in. As far as fan experience “The Box” has been the top of list. The Cajuns show up. There athlete facility is also top quality. Ill admit I have not been to the Disch since 19 and have not been under 1st since before that

Comment

I’d call it a home-run based on his track record. This could be huge for Aggie baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Heath. They needed it bad. Was there with kid in 17 or 18 and what they had for athletes was not quality. Most of the training area looked to be hand downs from football. With Texas history and money they did ignore baseball it appeared. Baylor has good digs. OSU also spent some $$$ and has an awesome place. Id put there facility at the top of what I have been through. There is alot more to a baseball facility than a chairback for a fan to sit in. As far as fan experience “The Box” has been the top of list. The Cajuns show up. There athlete facility is also top quality. Ill admit I have not been to the Disch since 19 and have not been under 1st since before that

I wasn’t even in the discussion so not sure why my name was brought into this. I’m very familiar with past and present at the Disch. I know the brothers that funded the new facility at Texas.

My opinions of a baseball stadium are probably different than most as I don’t like shinny and new. I like tradition. Fields that have seen the greats play on them. I prefer Rosenblatt to TDA Ameritrade. I like ball parks I have been going to for years and have a personal history with. I like the quirks like Left Field or fans on buses / lifts with fans on them at Texas. I’d be very against Texas tearing down the Disch and building a new, shinny park. I like my baseball stadium to have soul.
                            Last edited by Heath; 06-09-2021, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Sorry Heath- forgive me I confused you with Smart

And I also like some of the traditions that go with stadiums but the kids that play want cutting edge

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                I wasn’t even in the discussion so not sure why my name was brought into this. I’m very familiar with past and present at the Disch. I know the brothers that funded the new facility at Texas.

My opinions of a baseball stadium are probably different than most as I don’t like shinny and new. I like tradition. Fields that have seen the greats play on them. I prefer Rosenblatt to TDA Ameritrade. I like ball parks I have been going to for years and have a personal history with. I like the quirks like Left Field or fans on buses / lifts with fans on them at Texas. I’d be very against Texas tearing down the Disch and building a new, shinny park. I like my baseball stadium to have soul.
                                Agreed and the kids involved in the sport are far less entertained by shiny than the football knuckleheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X