No announcement yet.

Switch from a pickup to SUV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i deer hunted while driving a vw jetta for 3 or 4 years. it can be done. that said, nothing beats having a truck bed to throw bloody/dirty/sharp/muddy/etc. stuff in without having to worry about making a mess.

Comment

BowSlayer, I'm like you in that I don't use my truck bed very often. I don't hunt or pull a boat anymore and the only reason I keep my F150 is to haul a subcompact tractor occasionally (rare). If I get rid of the tractor and trailer (I bought from you), I'll be looking for an SUV to haul my music instruments around in. Right now, I haul that stuff in the back floor of the supercrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
        BowSlayer, I'm like you in that I don't use my truck bed very often. I don't hunt or pull a boat anymore and the only reason I keep my F150 is to haul a subcompact tractor occasionally (rare). If I get rid of the tractor and trailer (I bought from you), I'll be looking for an SUV to haul my music instruments around in. Right now, I haul that stuff in the back floor of the supercrew.

I was wondering the other day if you still had that trailer.

I have a bed cover on the back of my truck but it does retract when I need it to. I usually only retract it when I can’t reach something from the tailgate end though.

Comment

You guys all talking about keeping your gear securely locked up in your SUV rather than in the back of your trucks must not have seen all the truck/suv break in threads... Ever see a thread about someone breaking into a tonneau cover and stealing stuff... I didn't think so... With all your guns, bows, cameras and other expensive stuff packed inside your surburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions, it is still visible and just lets the thieves shop for the best deal... punch the door lock and they're inside and can hit the door locks and clean out your stuff faster than you can blink an eye... That just does not happen often if they can't see what's there... That's why I have a pick up with a tonneau cover. With my F150, I have room for all my gear in the back covered and securely locked, but have one advantage... it's out of sight. I might get hit tomorrow, but my chances are MUCH reduced compared to having all my stuff (tools, guns, etc.) sitting in the back of a SUV with windows for window shoppers...

Just my take and my reasoning... Not trying to change anyone's mind just give a different perspective as to why a truck as opposed to a SUV... And I think it is a valid perspective...

Comment

Sorry, this sounds too much like will I regret going from a 3/4 diesel to a 1/2 gasser. Of course you will. But sometimes we do what we need to do.

Comment

10 years down the road you’ll be looking to get into a minivan [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                10 years down the road you’ll be looking to get into a minivan [emoji12]

Probably won’t be that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                  Probably won’t be that long.

[emoji23]

Comment

Keep the truck and buy the 4runner. After a month decide which one you want to keep. Sell the other on here or Craigslist.

Comment

Did it once before I got married and will never do it again. Got married, my wife drives a Lexus SUV and I drive a Ford F350. Best of both worlds!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t really have an answer to your original question. However if you really need the seating space I would recommend a 2018 or newer Expedition. My wife has one and we have had Suburbans in the past. The Expedition has actual comfortable 3rd row seats with the new design because the floor is same level to rear so you aren’t elevated with your knees bent in rear seat.

Comment

Working...
                        X