Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good video thanks

Comment

That’s a great build, you should get some enjoyment out of it before your first ER visit lol

Comment

Looks like a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oh man, that's cool!! Watching that chain right behind his arse though gives me the heebie geebies!! That thing just exudes fun!! What a great build with your boys!

We had some serious go-cart runs in that same parking lot!! Just don't mark up the parking lot with black rubber and the grown ups at school should be OK... They didn't like our "skid" marks so we had a rule about cleaning them up before we left if we put any down... Not sure what the PoPo situation is around there now, but I hope they don't harass y'all...

Comment

That is awesome. Looks like it will be tons of fun.

I'm once you get used to it someone could know how to stop quickly around a turn or with decent speed. Might be good to have a lever'd hand E brake that pulls down an arm in the back, maybe with some rubber on it. Hahaha

J

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaand we broke the motor mounts! My boys and I are way more comfortable with it, and the welded in steering gives it a heck of a lot more confidence in a slide. We ran it at the school tonight and really hanmered it. Much harder slides and my older son ran it WOT completely through a turn. My goodness this thing has power. It will lay down a few feet of plastic streaks and take off like a greased monkey on fire when you lay in to the throttle...and my “this should be sufficient” welds for keeping the motor plate to the frame couldn’t take the harder runs.

So, tomorrow we fix her up and get back at it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to update after having broke the welds on the engine plate. We did get it fixed, but the chain was pretty loose. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. Confirmed it still ran and had taken no damage then tore it down. Made a chain tensioner bracket out of flat bar and got the part and spring for that.

Bought the paint gun but HD didn’t have the color I wanted except in spray paint, so it’s back to spray cans. Prepped the frame for paint and put on a few coats. Ok, it was two thick half-assed coats of paint. Drips and paint everywhere. Whatevs. I hate painting.

Also cut the diamond plate for a little bling. I considered making a chain guard out of the same material, but I am not sure how to mount it to the frame. It would require some creative aluminum work that I am quite frankly not interested in pursuing. We’re ready to get this thing finished. I may pull something together at some point as it would be a good excuse to learn how to weld aluminum.

Need to add the sleeve guides for the throttle cable and finish paint. Bolting the diamond plate to the frame is going to be tedious but worth it. Hope to have it running by next weekend but it will probably take until later this month.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by txpitdog; 05-03-2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Finally done! Well...will it ever be done? I’m sure we’ll always be tinkering and tweaking it. The diamond plate and paint came out really nice. The chain tensioner probably needs a little tweaking but it works great for keeping the slop out of the chain.

My son and I stayed up last night working on it with a work light to get it done so that we can all ride it when our friends get here for some crawfish this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Ohhhhhh I need some video of it in action!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BassProJD View Post
                      Ohhhhhh I need some video of it in action!!!

We took our friends out to the Park and Ride parking lot this afternoon for a spin on it. This is my buddy Aaron whipping it around a bit.

It’s good to finally enjoy it as a finished toy. I’m sure we’ll tweak it here and there but there’s no more feeling of work still to be done on it. Just fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s cool

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                          X