2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Do you fish those weightless or swim them on a jig head?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You can do both. Depends on the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I’m honor of Glen’s new boat and the fact that he doesn’t have his trolling motor yet, I figured I would post a picture showing what the trolling motor will look like.

Trolling motor Saturday.

trolling motorboatin’, I like it.

Comment

Not much better than a properly mounted trolling motor

Comment

There's that chartreuse tail again...

Comment

Pearl with a chartreuse tail is known killer.

Comment

I got me a bottle of chartreuse dip... Wonder if I.... Oh never mind... Wouldn't do me any good now anyway...

Always heard when you get old to "cut the mustard" it don't hurt to lick the lid... and I'm findin' that's kind'a fun too...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I got me a bottle of chartreuse dip... Wonder if I.... Oh never mind... Wouldn't do me any good now anyway...

Always heard when you get old to "cut the mustard" it don't hurt to lick the lid... and I'm findin' that's kind'a fun too...

If I ever get too old to do either, well send me home to heaven is all I can say.

Comment

I'm gonna cast a line for the first time in a while, see if there's any Reds out in this rough surf.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    I'm gonna cast a line for the first time in a while, see if there's any Reds out in this rough surf.

Don’t know about reds but the whiting were thick as can be last Sunday. Lots of big whiting.

Comment

I'd be interested in filleting up a bunch of Whiting, may target them tomorrow.
                      Caught a Red, broke me off trying to flip him up on the rocks. I'm satisfied, just wanted to know if they were in there.

Edit: Riding back to camp there was a big calm pool in that rough surf. I thought to myself, self this would be a good place to cast a line. 10 casts 3 trout and 2 rat reds. I think I'll look for this spot tomorrow.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by justletmein; 03-27-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Those dadgum whiting are one of the best eatin' fish that comes out of saltwater! Wish they got big as a red! Little suckers put up a fight too!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Those dadgum whiting are one of the best eatin' fish that comes out of saltwater! Wish they got big as a red! Little suckers put up a fight too!
                          Thats a fact! I love them!

Comment

Whiting heads make for great shark bait, the rest is for me!

I went back to fish under this cloudy full moon. Wind can't make up it's mind it's doing circling for a couple hours and dead calm for bits. Found a calm spot, slick surface. With the moonlight through the clouds it was bright enough you can see lines of disturbances on the surface. I thought to myself, self that's probably a school of Reds out there you should cast into it. I cast, it was Reds. I had to go through probably a dozen 30.5" Reds before I finally caught a 24. I would just watch and wait for the school to come in range and drop the Gambler on them and hook up. Finally started a hard drizzle so I ran back to camp to button up. I haven't really fished since like August or so, so it's nice to come down for a solo trip and hook up at will.
                            Last edited by justletmein; 03-28-2021, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Whiting heads make for great shark bait, the rest is for me!

I went back to fish under this cloudy full moon. Wind can't make up it's mind it's doing circling for a couple hours and dead calm for bits. Found a calm spot, slick surface. With the moonlight through the clouds it was bright enough you can see lines of disturbances on the surface. I thought to myself, self that's probably a school of Reds out there you should cast into it. I cast, it was Reds. I had to go through probably a dozen 30.5" Reds before I finally caught a 24. I would just watch and wait for the school to come in range and drop the Gambler on them and hook up. Finally started a hard drizzle so I ran back to camp to button up. I haven't really fished since like August or so, so it's nice to come down for a solo trip and hook up at will.
                              Sounds like a great trip down there, thanks for posting.

Comment

Sheep’s head Sunday. Best I could come up with today.

Comment

Working...
                                X