No announcement yet.

Help on age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat back and no drooping belly, yet. But ain't far from a full belly. Still could gain a little mass on the shoulders. Hind quarters are filling out nicely but still could gain a minimum. Belly and back tell most of the story here.

I'd like to see what he looks like in another year or two. Bet he blooms out that headgear really nice. And hope your neighbors leave him and your place alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Agree with being a tough time to age....but the deep brisket has me leaning 5+
      And a prominent nose too

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Unless you have history there is no way to know, but his brisket says 4/5 plus.
        Exactly! Do you have any history on the deer? You don't find bucks with split brow tines often and I would hate to shoot and immature deer because you heard he was mature but really didn't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
          Exactly! Do you have any history on the deer? You don't find bucks with split brow tines often and I would hate to shoot and immature deer because you heard he was mature but really didn't know for sure.

0 history. I bought the place a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be hard for me to pass him with a bow in my hands regardless honestly. I think he is so cool looking

Comment

Although... in my experience i won’t have to worry about that... he is here now which means he will likely be nowhere near come season.

Comment

3-4 yr old. Look at the belly, does not look like a mature buck. Nice rack though.

Comment

Flat back, no sway. No real gut. Legs look long and spindly, no big calluses on front knees. Brisket throws me though, makes me think older. I'll guess 4-5 years old.

What part of the world is this?

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                    Personally I’d go with this ^^ pass him without any history. I feel pretty confident that he is mature.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                      3-4 yr old. Look at the belly, does not look like a mature buck. Nice rack though.

IMO, during the summer months.... bellies can vary. I rarely look at bellies even in the winter.

Comment

He’s older than the buck he’s standing next to for sure and that deer looks in the 3-4 range.
                        I’m thinking 5

Comment

Mature!

Comment

Here’s my next question. Bucks like this traditionally don’t stay around the same areas in the fall as they stay in summer do they?

Comment

Really just bucks in general.. not sure why i said bucks like this

Comment

Originally posted by jcamp View Post
                                Here’s my next question. Bucks like this traditionally don’t stay around the same areas in the fall as they stay in summer do they?

Where he's at now is his summer range, this area is considered his core area. He lives here primarily, only leaving to breed unless he feels pressure. Once breeding season is over he returns to his core.

Comment

Working...
                                X