France, huuunh huuuunh huuuuuunnnnchh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France, huuunh huuuunh huuuuuunnnnchh

Not much on the news cycle here. Selective coverage by our media or a non story? From what I can tell they got some folks in yellow vests upset over a modest tax increase.

Well, not exactly. Their quality of life has been diminishing over the years, and the fuel tax was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I say Viva La France! They even brought out the guillotines. They are sick of being trodden upon and are doing something about it. We could use a bit of that spirit here in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
      Well, not exactly. Their quality of life has been diminishing over the years, and the fuel tax was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I say Viva La France! They even brought out the guillotines. They are sick of being trodden upon and are doing something about it. We could use a bit of that spirit here in the USA.
      Yep

Comment

Let them eat cake

Comment

Don't be fooled by the protesters. Just like Venezuela, the anti government factions are just their own brand of what the government already is.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            Don't be fooled by the protesters. Just like Venezuela, the anti government factions are just their own brand of what the government already is.

Comment

Yea I think our founding fathers thought this through bit more than France or Venezuela.

This is one of the first clips I saw of the incident. They even set up a "go fund me" account for the guy once he turned himself in, he is a former boxer.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1QDy6z_uFA"]Christophe DETTINGER Vs Gendarmes mobiles Acte 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Exactly- they aren’t protesting for less government interference in their lives, they just want different intervention. They still want the govt to nanny them, just give them something different. They want the rich penalized, not the common man

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Exactly- they aren’t protesting for less government interference in their lives, they just want different intervention. They still want the govt to nanny them, just give them something different. They want the rich penalized, not the common man
                  Yup. They would be ecstatic if these taxes were imposed on a certain demographic. They are only upset because the same policies they preach are being imposed on them.

Comment

Yup. They would be ecstatic if these taxes were imposed on a certain demographic. They are only upset because the same policies they preach are being imposed on them.
                    Yep that's because eventually you run put of other people's money.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

But after three weekends of protests, each more violent than the last, the government seems to be taking stock of its options. Although neither Mr. Macron nor his prime minister, Édouard Philippe, have suggested that they would consider a moratorium on the tax increases, many members of Parliament are calling for a suspension of the tax.

From what I have been able to read, the yellow jacket tactics of overrunning the police, is working.

Comment

Working...
                      X