Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reoccurring yeast infection in dogs ear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s y’all opinion of a healthy American bull dog mix that keeps getting Vet diagnoses yeast infection? I know some dogs have ear problems but I’m looking for a long term solution. I’m thinking it’s diet related. Ever used camfofenic (sp) in a dog ear for relief? Thanks in advance

We us Zap dog ear cleaner after baths and such as our dogs always get em. Seems to help a bit

Comment

Get some Zymox ear cleaner. You can order it from Chewy.com. I've been a Vet Tech for over 30 years and have yet to find anything that works as well as this stuff for preventing ear infections. Just make sure you are faithful at using it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntresss View Post
        Get some Zymox ear cleaner. You can order it from Chewy.com. I've been a Vet Tech for over 30 years and have yet to find anything that works as well as this stuff for preventing ear infections. Just make sure you are faithful at using it.
        Do floppy eared dogs get more ear infections?

We have(had, 1 died) two floppy eared Dobermans that constantly get ear infections.

Our Doberman with cropped ears(rescue) doesn't get ear infections.

3 dogs is a small sample size.

Comment

My golden use to get then all the time. Get ecoear, you can find it in Amazon for like $20. It has cured her yeast infections. Anytime she starts getting a flare up you put a few drops in each ear twice a day and its gone after a few days of treatment. They stuff really works.

Comment

My lab used to get them until we changed his food. Went to 4health and the ear infections went away.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
              My lab used to get them until we changed his food. Went to 4health and the ear infections went away.

Same here only I switched to Nutro... My current lab has never had anything but Nutro and she's never had a yeast infection in her ears and in the summer, she practically lives in the pool... Labs are notorious for yeast infections in their ears... Lab I had before, would get this gosh-awful smell from them... I'd get 'em cleared up and she'd get 'em again... Somebody told me to change food and they recommended Nutro Max (it's called something else today) and after I got hers cleared up that time, no more problem with yeast infections in her ears...

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                Do floppy eared dogs get more ear infections?

We have(had, 1 died) two floppy eared Dobermans that constantly get ear infections.

Our Doberman with cropped ears(rescue) doesn't get ear infections.

3 dogs is a small sample size.

No, there is no correlation between ear length/size and ear infections. My wife has a Boykin that has huge ears for a 35# dog, some of the biggest I’ve seen proportionate to any breed, little guy never gets them, even being a great water dog. My Old Fashioned Black and Tan ears are about 8” long, she battles them pretty frequently. Diet had a lot to do with it, Josey has a mild chicken allergy so as long as we stay away from that as the primary ingredient in Pro Plan it keeps it in check. I second the Zymox recommendation, stuff works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  What’s y’all opinion of a healthy American bull dog mix that keeps getting Vet diagnoses yeast infection? I know some dogs have ear problems but I’m looking for a long term solution. I’m thinking it’s diet related. Ever used camfofenic (sp) in a dog ear for relief? Thanks in advance

You can also use Monostat for confirmed yeast infections in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude!!! Don’t put Camphor in your dogs ears for God sake!!!

Comment

Look up gentian violet and rubbing alchohol mix. Should be able to google it. Cheap and works great. But look into feeding better/different food.

Comment

I had a lab that used to get about 3-4 ear infections a year, that was even with ear cleanings about 2-3 times a month and every time he went in the water. Vet finally did blood work to check for allergies. Come to find out he was allergic to a lot of what is found in most dog foods. The vet researched foods that did not contain the allergies, made the switch and he was good to go. It was Instinct Brands bought it at PetsCo. It isn’t cheap, but cleared him up.
                        Last edited by texashunter; 02-19-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I keep a bottle of Douxo sogeval our lab drives me crazy shaking her head , ear mites
                          Couple of drops and message in then clean dry tissues, never use a Qtip
                          Vet might prescribe some medicine over the phone

Comment

My dog in my avatar is very susceptible to ear infections due to yeast buildup. We were using this expensive earwash our vet recommended before we discovered the active ingredient is witch hazel. We've been using witch hazel ever since and clean his ears twice a month and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Our Golden had ear and neck yeast infections and no food change worked until we went to raw. Our dealer has a formula that cleared it right up. He is even off medication.

Comment

Working...
                              X