First Time Fletching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Fletching

All my equipment came in yesterday, so I figured what a better day to start than on this rainy morning. It took me about 2 attempts of fletching one arrow before I started to figure it out. Had to make a few adjustments on the jig. I’m using a Bitzenberger with a straight clamp, but want a slight offset to the right.
    It looks like I got them on pretty good, even made one 4 fletch.
    Can wait for it to stop raining!
    Attached Files

Looks good to me. That black and red is a slick combo

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      Looks good to me. That black and red is a slick combo
      Thank you

Comment

That is good seating on the base, and really good adhesive usage on those. Pay close attention to where you set your vanes, and make sure they all are the same distance from the nock to the back edge. I mark my clamp to make sure I put my vane in the same place every time. You can get screwy flight if there is variation in where they sit.

Comment

Looks great for fst timer...Bitz is slowest but best..Getting too much Adhesive was alway my problem at first...

Comment

Looks good to me too. Good job.

Comment

Thanks for all of the pointers. Shot them today and they all flew good, I really liked how the 4 fletch flew.

Comment

Looks good, nice way to spend a rainy day. You will really dig launching those that you fletched yourself, good luck.

Comment

Hey, just saw that you posted that you got to shoot them today. Felt great right? Making arrows is just about as much fun as shooting them!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                    Hey, just saw that you posted that you got to shoot them today. Felt great right? Making arrows is just about as much fun as shooting them!
                    Yeah it was cool shooting something you made. There was always a fear that they would be garbage, haha!

Comment

Working...
                    X