Mesh Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesh Windows

What are y’all’s thoughts on shooting through mesh windows in a pop-up? I sent a fixed blade through one a couple years ago without issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been a problem for me.

Comment

With my compound, no problem but with my recurve, I’m not sure it’s fast enough to not be affected.

Comment

Fixed blades go easy through tight mesh, mechanicals not so much...

Comment

Never had a issue. My only issue is it’s hard for me to see through, haven’t tried it since I’ve had lasik though

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
            Never had a issue. My only issue is it’s hard for me to see through, haven’t tried it since I’ve had lasik though
            Maybe it's just my eyesight but mesh messes with my depth perception especially in the first few and last few minutes of shooting light.

Comment

Mesh can cause issues with vision due to sunlight depending on the angle of the light. Tends to depend on the tint of the mesh. Might cause some rangefinders to not give a reading.

That said, if the mesh is stretched tight, fixed blade heads- no issues. Mechanical heads- Deadmeats seem to be minimally affected, if at all.

Just my experience.

Comment

It just scares me.

Comment

Shot a ton through them, no issues with fixed blade heads. The main advantage I see is you can get away with all kinds of movement, if you simply stay back a foot or so from the mesh, and the sun is not shining into the enclosure. They also help a good bit with scent control. They definitely limit your vision the last few minutes of light though. So there's some great advantages, and there are some detriments. Overall, considering you can almost move at will, I think they just may be the best thing that ever happened to bow hunting. Being able to move and get the shot at the right time, without being seen, is priceless!

Comment

Spray the mesh from the inside with flat black spray can paint. Glare is gone and may fix depth perception.

Comment

The tighter the better. I'm talking about the mesh

Comment

Tight mesh and a tuned bow and you should be food out to 25 yards. I don’t think I would shoot any longer distances than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done it every time with out an issue.... using fixed blade.

Comment

I guess I'll be that guy....Why? Just make a small shooting window, I've never understood why risk it. Harder to see, chance of flight interference, and tearing up your equipment (blind itself). Just using or make a shooting window is a better idea in my opinion.

Comment

Chew shoots fixed blades thru Krivoman blinds....mesh shouldn't be an issue!

Comment

Working...
                              X