Diesel Truck plug in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
    Never plugged my in and I cant find the cord.

It’s got one. Every diesel does.

Look in owner manual or youtube it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

Not necessarily. It may have the heating element in the block but may not have a cord.

My 2012 Cummins has the heating element installed but I had to buy the cord to connect it.

Comment

I have a friend that works in Alaska. His truck idles 24/7 in the winter.

Comment

They dont always have the cable. I had to buy one for my 1/2 ton ecodiesel- took 10 minutes to put it in. I’ve turned on the acc(no start) to read the temps on the dashboard- it heats the engine oil to 120. My 15’ f-250 came with the plug in. My old 06’ Cummins didn’t come with a plug.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
            I have a friend that works in Alaska. His truck idles 24/7 in the winter.

My buddy used to work on the north slope. He said same thing let them idle 24/7. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you can get a magnetic block heater, just stick it to the oil pan and plug it into an extension cord-costs about $20.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
                you can get a magnetic block heater, just stick it to the oil pan and plug it into an extension cord-costs about $20.

That’s a neat idea, where did you get one?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

This is not correct. Every diesel does not have one anymore. These days it’s an “option”. My ‘15 had one but my ‘18 and now my ‘19 don’t.

Comment

I was so happy to find my 19 F250 had one. They are hard to find though. Mine was above the front tow hook on the passenger side under the lip of the bumper.

Comment

My 2019 F350 has a plug. Wish I had plugged it in last night.

Tried to start it in 10 degree cold this morning. No luck.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

If it’s under 40 at night I plug my old 2000 7.3 in. It fires right off no matter how cold it gets. Also helps the transmission fluid to warm up quicker so it shifts when real cold.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          I’ve never plugged my 17 350 in down to -3 so far. Talked to a few guys who maintain a couple oilfield fleets in Alaska. They said the newer 6.7s have been fine below -20 without plugging in even though they plug in when able to.

My '20 wouldn't start this morning. It was parked outside in the north wind though

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Newer trucks won't have an issue.
                            My first diesel was an 87 Ford with the 6.9 liter International. If you didn't plug it in, it wouldn't start. When it did start, it was noisier than hell too.

Myself and 3 coworkers wouldn't start this morning. 2020 F250, 2018 Ram, 2017 Ram and 2002 F250.

Comment

Didn't read thru the whole thread. but I have a brand new 2021 gmc duramax and had it plugged in last night. It won't crank this morning. It will fire up for about half a second then go dead...try it again and it just turns over. I'm assuming gel issues??

Comment

I was a no go for quite a while this am. 18 250. It will be plugged in on a generator tonight for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X