No announcement yet.

50+ Workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love working out at home. Check out Sydney Cummings on YouTube. She posts a new workout every day at 5am. Great mix of HIIT, strength, cardio, etc. I do it 5-6 days per week. Her workouts are no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
      You old stud.
      Well course [emoji18]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im 57 and throw 50 lb feed sacks weekly.

Comment

I got back into a consistent lifting routine a year and a half ago, at a local PF gym. Three months in, all gyms shut down, so I got a set of adjustable dumbbells and a bench. Just recently starting going back to the gym, since it’s so dang hot on the back porch these days. I do pretty heavy lifting of a major muscle group each day, with a combo of free weights and machines. I do some stationary bike or elliptical work each day. As many of y’all do, I really need to stretch regularly, which I have not been doing. I’m 63, pretty strong, and injury free , thankfully.
          Last edited by sandbill; 06-26-2021, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I turned 55 in April.Started doing Crossfit in February. It's a structured class like workout.I go 3-4 times a week.I really like it because it's something different everyday.

DJ

Comment

I retired a couple of years ago and have allowed myself to go to seed…maybe it’s all the Bon-Bons and champagne I’ve consumed, but I really need to get m a** moving again.

Years of ballet, gymnastics, and riding horses kept me in the best shape of my life, so I am taking up ballet again and classes start next week. Laugh if you will, but ballet is an excellent way to develop strength, balance, agility, and especially flexibility, all without developing muscle mass. It’s not so great for increasing speed, but I don’t need to get anywhere quickly anyway.

Thought about taking martial arts classes, but I am afraid I’ll get really good and wouldn’t want to hurt someone. But, who knows? Perhaps once I get my “pas de bourreés” and “rond de jambes” down again, I might reconsider, because working out just to workout—mindlessly counting reps and sets over and over (and over) again—makes me want to pull my hair out.

Kudos to you who have kept up with your discipline as you no doubt will be rewarded with years and years of good health and quality of life.

Right up until your prostates enlarge…

Comment

I'm 62 and hit it 5 days a week. I've been working out since my mid 20's, but didn't really get serious about it until my mid thirties. I mix my workouts up. Primarily I use supersets to maximize my time in the gym before work. Usually its a push/pull routine like today was back and legs with ab work thrown in. I've modified that superset routine by doing a 5x5 supersets. My goal for this year is to get to 12% BF, add some mass and increase my strength. I'm down to 232 pounds from 248, finally getting rid of my covid 15 pounds.

Comment

Outside Boot camp style work out 4-5 days per week which is a good mix of heavy dumbells, body weight work and cardio

Comment

Working...
                  X