Magnolia 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnolia 10

My buddy leased a piece of land down the road from me to run some cows on. The fence was horrible so we re-fenced the perimeter and I ended up with the priveledge to hunt the place. Set up a stand and went and dumped 2-4 bags of corn a week but never paid it much mind due to my South Texas lease. Worked from home yesterday and had plenty of time to jump in the tree in the afternoon. Around 4:30 I had a tall spike come in but I was not 100% certain he wasn't forking on the ends so I gave him a pass. He ate for a little while and wondered off. I figured that would be the last deer I'd see. Around 10 minutes later 5 doe come running out and jump in my feed pen. I was enjoying the activity when I turn and see horns coming out of the woods. Looked and it was a nice up and coming 8 point. While I was checking him out, I see more movement and this guy stepped out. This is not a deer I would shoot on my South Texas lease but a solid deer for the area. He walked around the pen (which is 30-40 yards in diameter) and was directly underneath me. He jumped in and out of the pen but never presented me a shot. I was rattled when I saw him but had finally calmed my nerves by the time he jumped back in the pen and gave me a good quartering away shot. I drew without being detected and let my 84 lb. Bowtech Insanity do its job. The arrow entered where I was aiming and actually exited higher out of the side of its neck. The deer was nose down and in a bind before he ever left the pen. I was confident in my shot but was not going to rush anything. I eased down and walked to my truck and took the short drive home. I knew the shot was good but wanted to get my young blood dog and another set of eyes. Jason (Texantax) was at the house 15 minutes later. We drank a beer and set off for the recovery. I was nervous but knew we would find him. After 10 minutes of tracking Jason hollered and I knew he had eyes on my buck. We backed out and I let my 14 year old daughter get her dog out and see if he could do his thing. I was pretty impressed for his first real track and he pretty much went straight to the deer. Not a monster but very proud of him.
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Beauty! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck

Comment

Awesome stuff brother! Great buck! Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Nice buck!

Comment

Very nice, congrats!

Comment

nice

Comment

More
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats again bud. I'm moving a little slow this morning :-)

Comment

Great looking deer!

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                            Congrats again bud. I'm moving a little slow this morning :-)
                            Yessir. The beer kept flowing after you left

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X