No announcement yet.

Lake Amistad 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal, good to see someone get a nice buck out there.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Round 2
      Nice!

Any tips on Lake A? I plan on starting to try hunting out there next year. Never been.

Comment

Round 2
        Awesome trophy public land buck!!! Big Congrats!!!

Comment

Thanks yall!

Originally posted by FastLife1K View Post
          Nice!

Any tips on Lake A? I plan on starting to try hunting out there next year. Never been.
          This is one of those places where you just gotta get out and go. There's deer everywhere and they're freakin smart and more twitchy than a tweaking crackhead. It took me 3 years to finally kill my first animal out here then 10 years in a row now with a kill. The deer are used to people pushing them around and over time you kind of adjust to understand how they handle the pressure. It's an interesting place.

Comment

Thanks yall!

This is one of those places where you just gotta get out and go. There's deer everywhere and they're freakin smart and more twitchy than a tweaking crackhead. It took me 3 years to finally kill my first animal out here then 10 years in a row now with a kill. The deer are used to people pushing them around and over time you kind of adjust to understand how they handle the pressure. It's an interesting place.
            Hell yeah sounds like fun!. Cant wait to start trying.

Comment

Congrats senor.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on your nice buck!

Comment

That’s the way to get it done. Congrats!

Comment

Any news on the sheep? Are there any left?

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntozarks View Post
                      I asked a ranger and the CWD folks and nobody really had any info one way or the other.

Speaking of CWD station, they're still closing early at 7pm but they've got a 24/7 drop box now! They said if you use it for a buck and want to keep the antlers you can skull cap it and rinse the skull plate off and leave the rest of the head there. If you want to do a euro mount or keep the head you'll need a head voucher so have to go by while they're open.

Comment

Good job Sir!

Comment

Okay thank you sir looks like you had some success on the whitetails [emoji106] I have seen some real Whoppers on those hunt areas but I'm too poor to buy a non-resident deer license

Comment

Sheep?

Anybody seen some sheep? Looking on heading down there to area 5 in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by plurvapor View Post
                              Anybody seen some sheep? Looking on heading down there to area 5 in the next couple weeks.
                              Good luck sir, were planning on going down for the late exotic season, post what you find on area 5

Comment

Originally posted by plurvapor View Post
                                Good luck sir, were planning on going down for the late exotic season, post what you find on area 5

I talked to a ranger today and asked him about the sheep. He said he's heard the rumors but said it's absolutely a lie, said they may have netted some but it's nothing like what people are saying. He says he sees them down by the water at night in area 5 and there's plenty. He said people are spreading rumors trying to keep people from coming to hunt them. He also said there's a mountain lion working the area and they found a kill site in 5 and lots of tracks around there up to 277N campgrounds. Pretty cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X