Disking with pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disking with pickup

Has anyone here ever disked some ground pulling a disk designed to be pulled by ATV using their pickup? ATV is small 2WD and won’t pull it very well.

Thanks

I have and it will work. Just have to drive slow and add weight to disc if you can.

Comment

Watch your temp though

Comment

I would look at renting a tractor

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
          Watch your temp though
          This is very true. I've had to stop the truck after the AC quit blowing cold air. I found doing it at night helps to keep the truck from overheating.

You'll need to replace your air filters after you're done too.

Comment

I know it's much different than disking, but a guy near me rakes his hay with a F-250 pulling a pretty big hay rake.

Comment

used a Suzuki sami..
              Worked great...…………….

Comment

I pulled a tractor disc with my Z71 pickup. Worked pretty good but since it was just chained to the hitch it was hard to turn in a tight area.

Shot some nice deer off the pinto beans I planted there.

Comment

It depends on the size you are going to do but I would suggest you rent a tractor because that will be cheaper than potential tyranny repairs especially if you are keeping your truck long term and yes the air filters will need to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    It depends on the size you are going to do but I would suggest you rent a tractor because that will be cheaper than potential tyranny repairs especially if you are keeping your truck long term and yes the air filters will need to be replaced.
                    It will only be 2-3 acres of flat, mostly rock free land. And it is a small ATV disc. Cant imagine it will put much strain on my truck. Most likely won’t even need 4WD.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Many times. No problem. Slow and add weight as mentioned.

Comment

You will find out if you need to replace the fan clutch or thermostat in a hurry!

Comment

nm

Comment

If it was made for an atv a pickup of any size will pull it with ease.

Comment

Working...
                            X