Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    THIS!

going through this right now .. not fun at all ! they are starting construction and putting them right on the fence lines ... *******s!
    Painful brother just painful..............

Comment

Many good factors to consider here. My list is constantly evolving, but when we get serious I'm going to reach out to Chance for sure. No way we get what I want within 3 hours of here unfortunately.

Comment

I'll play...

I would contact a wildlife biologist if I won the lottery and would probably have most of my questions answered from them. Again, money is no object then I would probably want a couple of big ranches, have many water wells put in and dig some big tanks/lakes on the ranch... That would be lots of fun, cool topic!

Here's a wildlife biologist that graduated from Texas A&M that I've know for about 20yrs now. I've flown helicopter deer surveys with him and he's awesome. Check out his video's...

Welcome to Spring Creek Outdoors, LLC. We are your source for comprehensive wildlife and habitat management. Call us at 325-623-5464 to learn more.
        Last edited by Spino~; 06-04-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I understood your original post just fine sir in regards to the lottery haha.

Is the Brady/San Saba/Goldthwaite area 3 hour drive time from your home? I'd be looking in these areas and would budget into the purchase high fencing the place if it wasn't already. Hopefully you find that perfect place yall have to have and get some money down on it before someone else is able to.

Good luck bud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Honestly, based on most of your criteria, I would look for land in Iowa. You can buy way more land, bigger animals, and way more of them. The land has way better carrying capacity as well, and supplementation is not necessary. Plus you got pheasants, turkeys, grouse, and monster deer.

So if money was no object, as you state, I would buy a plane, get my pilots license, and hunt in Iowa.
            Out of state non res landowners have to draw tags in Iowa. Nothing suck more than booner pics on your farm and no legal way to take the deer. I bought Kansas. Guaranteed tags for landowners and roi from crops to sweeten the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
              I understood your original post just fine sir in regards to the lottery haha.

Is the Brady/San Saba/Goldthwaite area 3 hour drive time from your home? I'd be looking in these areas and would budget into the purchase high fencing the place if it wasn't already. Hopefully you find that perfect place yall have to have and get some money down on it before someone else is able to.

Good luck bud.

That area is within a 3 hr drive. More like 2-2.5 depending on what part of that triangle you are talking about. We are focusing on that area and surrounding but there just isn't a lot if any available right now. Hopefully something pops up in the next 2.5 months as that is our timeframe. We are talking about doing exactly what you are suggesting though.

We thought we had our dream ranch in that area but couldn't get it under contract and then somebody else was able to get it before us. Tried for a month and somebody else got it done in 3 days...Sucks but time to move on i guess. That was a pretty big kick in the nads as it truly checked every box we had.
              Last edited by cehorn; 06-05-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                That area is within a 3 hr drive. More like 2-2.5 depending on what part of that triangle you are talking about. We are focusing on that area and surrounding but there just isn't a lot if any available right now. Hopefully something pops up in the next 2.5 months as that is our timeframe. We are talking about doing exactly what you are suggesting though.

We thought we had our dream ranch in that area but couldn't get it under contract and then somebody else was able to get it before us. Tried for a month and somebody else got it done in 3 days...Sucks but time to move on i guess. That was a pretty big kick in the nads as it truly checked every box we had.
                Man, that's tough bud. Wild times right now, sounds like you're prepared for the next best thing that comes available though.

I saw some of your old posts from your Uvalde place. We drive through there headed to our ranch in Comstock frequently. I love that country.

I was on a lease in Brady,Jones Cattle Co, that terrain and country gets deep in your soul and I can't shake it. Once we finish up our pool build and the remodeling here in our home, we are going to get serious about finding a place in the area I mentioned to you if there's anything left.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                  Man, that's tough bud. Wild times right now, sounds like you're prepared for the next best thing that comes available though.

I saw some of your old posts from your Uvalde place. We drive through there headed to our ranch in Comstock frequently. I love that country.

I was on a lease in Brady,Jones Cattle Co, that terrain and country gets deep in your soul and I can't shake it. Once we finish up our pool build and the remodeling here in our home, we are going to get serious about finding a place in the area I mentioned to you if there's anything left.

Yeah, Uvalde will always have a special place in my heart. Really fighting the regret bug right now about selling that place. But the right new place will help squash that bug I think. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                  X