F250 Stuck Near YOAKUM/Hope - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benno View Post
    That’d be bottomless sand land, and sometimes black land. Too many hours on the working end of a sharp shooter to think “ it looks fine” after a rain anymore. I don’t even like heavy 4 wheelers anymore.
    We were working on a big excavation project on raw land. Several of us were there operating heavy equipment. I was sitting on a Cat scraper trying to get as much clay hauled out that morning before heavy rains moved in. I kept watching the sky get darker in our direction. All of a sudden the sky opened up as did the lightning. There wasn’t any safe place to park on that ranch when it rained much. I barely got that scraper parked in time. Jumped into my pickup and headed for the nearest road, which wasn’t nearby. A line of other pickups quickly followed. Not sure how any of us made it to the front gate. There was one guy left behind trying to load an excavator in the rain. Somehow he managed to slip and slide out of there instead of sinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Everyone’s a dang genius when it’s not a picture of their vehicle. Lol!
      Correct! Hindsight...

Comment

Glad you are feeling well enough to be out at the lease.

That’s what I was thinking

Comment

Is this how you do it?
          Attached Files

Comment

In my experience, 4WD on a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck is just to get you into stuff you can't get out of.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              In my experience, 4WD on a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck is just to get you into stuff you can't get out of.

Maybe for younger people. 4x4 in a 1 ton is extremely useful when used as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                Is this how you do it?
                Oh dang. What the heck happened here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a soft spot in my 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 on the lease in Warren this past Sat thankfully the were logging near by and I had a key to a skidder nothing like 4 foot wide tires to help pull you out of a hole

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Maybe for younger people. 4x4 in a 1 ton is extremely useful when used as intended.
                    Yep that’s sometimes the only way I can pull a full gooseneck trailer load of round bales out of the fields. Every once in a while though I have to stop in a moist spot while loading bales and end up needing the tractor to push the pickup and trailer out.

Comment

Some of my neighbors hands pulled my tractor out of some nasty stuff. They used a monster John Deere to pull out my 46hp Kubota. I watched them on my 4 wheeler. When they were done pulling it out, I went back to the cabin to get them a few beers and a $20 as a thank you. Came back and the tractor sunk again. It can get nasty in that east Tx quicksand.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                        Amateurs...

This doesn’t happen with the Green ones...

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          This doesn’t happen with the Green ones...
                          Probably a true statement because technically if it’s broke it ain’t stuck

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post

((chuckling))

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                              My brother works for JD in Iowa. On the family land, we use Kubota's for managing food plots, cutting grass, skidding logs, etc... I am going to file this joke for later use. Thank you hahaha

Comment

Everyone’s a dang genius when it’s not a picture of their vehicle. Lol!

I know that’s right!
                                Glad the OP got out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X