No announcement yet.

Post your pics: illegal border crossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep those pics coming guys, and try to keep your comments to your experience relating to illegals crossing/ camping or navigating your lease/land somehow.
    The goal here isn't to create arguments about who is good or bad, who deserves a job or not, it's to provide eye opening, first hand experience relating to the nature of illegal immigration

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
      no problema, Amigo..
      I see why the fuss

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
        Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You won’t. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it weren’t for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!

This. Also construction. It’s a generational thing. You don’t have young kids getting into trades anymore. Kids aren’t coming out of high school and going to be a framer, roofer, concrete guy, electrician, plumber, etc. the white people who end up doing these jobs all have troubled pasts and “ended up” in those jobs. I’m all for stopping illegal immigration but good luck trying to find legal Americans to pick up the slack in construction and AG. You will pay double the price for 1/2 the work. I’ve started from the bottom and worked my way up. I was the only white guy on jobs since 2003. Ever other person was either Hispanic or Vietnamese. The white guys that I’ve seen work for us either have 0 drive, horrible attitudes, lazy, drug addicts. Hispanics will be early, work hard and be willing to work late and on Saturday. Yet to see that from a white guy in 18yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          Unfortunately those “lazy, no count, Americans that don’t appreciate where they were born” aren’t going nowhere...they live off of welfare via our tax dollars. If every company “manned up” like you did we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Kudos to Curt!

I love the argument about not being able to find American workers who would work for slave labor wages, zero benefits or fair labor practices.

The employers make out like bandits by hiring illegals . They pay lower wages and don't have to be burdened with employee taxes, unemployment insurance and a host of other costs and fees that other employers have to pay to hire legal workers.

Of course the illegal workers appreciate the work and money, but that doesn't mean they are not being taken advantage of.

The employers that hire the illegals pass all that additional cost on to the taxpayers. They're not saints, they're pimps.

If I'm wrong, prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Kudos to Curt!

I love the argument about not being able to find American workers who would work for slave labor wages, zero benefits or fair labor practices.

The employers make out like bandits by hiring illegals . They pay lower wages and don't have to be burdened with employee taxes, unemployment insurance and a host of other costs and fees that other employers have to pay to hire legal workers.

Of course the illegal workers appreciate the work and money, but that doesn't mean they are not being taken advantage of.

The employers that hire the illegals pass all that additional cost on to the taxpayers. They're not saints, they're pimps.

If I'm wrong, prove me wrong.
            I don’t think it is a moral argument. I am talking availability of willing labor. I know dozens of farms paying $12+/hour and providing housing that cannot keep employees. When I started in the industry I made $6/hour with no benefits while I put myself through school, every situation is different and I get it but I was glad to have a job and enjoyed what I did. There are a lot of valid points throughout this discussion and I don’t have the answer, I am just stating that is a deep, complex problem with lots of folks affected!

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
              Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You won’t. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it weren’t for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!
              The ag industry would be fine. They would just have to pay higher wages like everyone else does.

The prices at the grocery store would reflect the wage increase.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Why? I’ve got plenty that were born here that I’d happily trade for some good legal immigrants. I say let one in....give him seven days to find someone he should replace and explain why. All immigrants aren’t bad and all citizens aren’t good. Legal immigration should not be easy, but it should be simple. That’s how all our forefathers got here.

Not a bad idea sir - except the part about where are we going to ship the ones that get kicked out? No one else is going to want to take them.

Comment

I do realize the proposal above was primarily hypothetical just carrying to conversation forward.

Comment

Had a busy weekend at the lease. Put out 3 more tons of feed, and fixed several holes in the fence that had been cut. Then get this pic today. Appears to be coyotes because they’re walking back south towards our camp. Hope they didn’t take the Spartan with them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	24649211

Comment

Sorry for the double pic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

There trying.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I was out in brackettville this past weekend turkey hunting. Over the last couple of months we have not seen any come thru our camp but border patrol has been busy. Went turkey hunting Sunday morning at 6:00. Got back to camp at 10:00 and illegals had been in the mobile home I was staying. Took about a case of beer, water and Gatorade from the fridge. Also took all the bread. chips and food from the fridge. I’m sure they could tell someone was staying there. My clothes bag was there along with backpack and laptop. I drove my truck that morning so there wasn’t a vehicle in camp. I’m glad I put all the firearms in the truck Saturday night and closed the container with the side by side.
                            I never would have dreamed they would go thru camp when lights are on and you can tell that someone had been staying there.

Comment

Just saw this on a friends Facebook page from their lease close to Laredo.
                              That’s a whole herd of em [emoji15]

Comment

I know they are looking for a better life, but you need to go about it the right way.
                                I can not believe that bidens dumb butt want to give the our money for covid relief. This man is killing this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X