• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bout 200 on the first, 225 on the second and the pig looks about 230

Comment

Originally posted by DS_1974 View Post
      I’m with you. 225, no more.
      Same here is my guess, as I have never seen one actually weigh more than they look in all my years of shooting them.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        Camera angles can make things appear bigger or smaller than they actually are.

Next time instead of all the “scale “ references just put a measuring tape on it. Maybe measure the girth while you’re at it.

The fact that’s it’s dead is all that matters to me.
        #200-201

I know after you add just a 50gain weighted bullet they gain #40-#50 lbs, when you start to drag 'em. Hog Physics

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Should he pose in trap then shoot it? Lol

240ish OP
          Would make a better picture

Comment

210-240

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              LOL....First time I have seen a Trap LDP/hero shot.
              How many selfie’s you got on your phone there captain?

That’s big pig and a cool trap.

Comment

I think the guys guessing around 225 are spot on. I don't think he weighed more than that. Good sized pig!

Comment

Looks big to me. 245
                  Good job. Must have been hungry
                  I don’t care where you killed him or with whatever gun
                  Did you weigh him?

Big pig

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    LOL....First time I have seen a Trap LDP/hero shot.
                    What's wrong with taking a pic with a trap kill?

Comment

A little rebuttal for all the Negative Nancies on here:

[mention]Slick8 [/mention] pretty much hit the nail on the head with his assessment.

This was trapped at my work, a new development north of Houston, whom we convinced to purchase traps/ scope for us to assist with the hog problem. Rules are that we have to shoot between dusk and dawn (hints the thermal scope) and firearm has to be suppressed. Doesn’t matter if I’m using the quiets subsonic known to man, has to be suppressed no if’s, ands, or buts.

Typically, we use the lights of the Polaris and take headshots with a suppressed Ruger 22/45. I don’t have any other suppressed handguns.

Wanted to do a euro on this one so didn’t want to mess with any damage to the skull. Wasn’t too keen on the idea of .22 body shots on pig like this, therefor I brought in the 5.56 from the bullpen.

Scope is a Pulsar Thermion XP50. Shot at lowest magnification/ digital zoom (2x) so yes shooting in the trap was no problem.

[mention]Fishndude [/mention] absolutely caught in trapped, shot in trap (not even by me), and posed with it. Why? Because I’m an opportunist and the huntresses viewing my IG and bumble accounts will never know! Also, it’s the biggest pig I have ever seen, so there’s that too.

Going to measure when I get into work tomorrow. Hopefully with the head off I won’t have to worry about gas build up to throw off the measurement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

190-220 and I guess trapping isn't hunting to some of the pig purists

Comment

I'd guess 250-275, somewhere in there probably.

Comment

I have killed a bunch up to 175 lbs and that guy is much bigger. I think he is 250-275.

Comment

Opinions on Weight of This Hog

Originally posted by myway View Post
                              How many selfie’s you got on your phone there captain?

That’s big pig and a cool trap.

Only one there superstar.....and it was of me with a pig I killed with a bow to send out to a couple of buddies after a drought at this particular place...[emoji41]

Last edited by Smart; 03-07-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                                What's wrong with taking a pic with a trap kill?

Well..... I've just never seen it and wouldn't do it myself. I'd dang sure take apic of the big sucker, but not pose with it. To each their own I guess. Seems like there were other folks before me you can ask the same thing. Maybe they can answer your question in better detail.

Comment

Working...
                                X