No announcement yet.

Mahindra Tractors: Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends what your going to do with it. I have a 2011 4 wd 4500 with foam in tires. I use it for shredding, plowing small feed plots, feed round bales, driving t posts, moving rocks and uprooting small brush etc I had the same problem with green paint or rust in fuel tank that I think a jd subatoged it and broke a rim hauling huge round bales. If it's just for stuff like this I think I would go with a mihindra but your don't see that many mihindra out the where people run them hard everyday. Probably depending on horsepower probably all made in India.

Comment

When I got ready to move on from my Kubota M5700 I looked around until I found an M6040 with 900 hours on it. No regen on it either and does everything I want it to do. Nothing about a new tractor excites me, especially the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
        I have a Mahindra 4025. It is all steel construction vs the plastic on tractors of similar size.
        It has a International designed tier three 4cy diesel engine.
        It is the world's Highest-selling tractor brand.
        Despite my abuse I have yet to break anything on it yet.
        There are a lot of farmers in India with tractors.

Comment

I have the 2538 and it does everything I need, no problems. We use it to put in food plots,shredding,and typical farm use. It has been a good tractor

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            There are a lot of farmers in India with tractors.
            This is true, I’ve seen a ton of their YouTube videos and they seem to prefer kubota.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
              Mahindra Tractors are as good as any of them. Side by sides, not so much..
              Yelp buddy just had fly wheel go out on his SxS, but it’s not at actually made by Mahindra, just rebranded by Mahindra

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                Yelp buddy just had fly wheel go out on his SxS, but it’s not at actually made by Mahindra, just rebranded by Mahindra
                Exactly. Good friend has a couple of em. One of which has spent all but a couple months of it's first year in the shop, because they can't get parts for it and can't figure the issue out on another problem.

Comment

I looked real hard at Mahindra but ended up with a Kubota. Only reason was the Kubota dealership was much closer to me.

Comment

I have a 2018 6075 4wd and this tractor does more than I ask it to do. Power for days and no regen is a selling point for me and also the fact I can hit the dealership with a rock from our place, but seriously the only trouble I have had is resetting the maintenance reminder at 50hrs boy that was fun. Myself and two Mahindra techs is what it took. If any of y’all need the procedure let me know I have one that works lmao

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                      Exactly. Good friend has a couple of em. One of which has spent all but a couple months of it's first year in the shop, because they can't get parts for it and can't figure the issue out on another problem.
                      this is key with any tractor product. depending on the model and make, the manufacture, all manufactures, outsource parts, namely engines.

i bought a mahindra 3616 cab. it has a Mitsubishi engine and its frigging bullet proof (ive tried killing it to no avail). the 3616s comparable is a jd r series. those tractors where twice as much with a cab and had dugong (how you spell korean crappy engine) engine. point is it varies year to year, model to model, make to make and you have to do your research for the tractor class you want.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                        I have a '15 6110 4x4 w/cab and love it. It's as good or better than any others(Kubota,International,JD,Ford) I've had before.

Same tractor, it’s been pretty much bulletproof. For sub 100 HP it’s hard to beat the Mahindra and it’s pricepoint

Comment

I have one and it’s been a great tractor. No problems so far the 7years I’ve had it. I think mahindra is the largest manufacturer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            Have always had an orange tractor but looking to move up to ~70hp. Dealerships and service are the neck and neck for both brands. No regen on the Mahindra. $9260 less for the Mahindra.

I don’t buy stuff for resell value. I buy stuff for how good it does what I buy it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love mine, hurricane harvey claimed my first one but i didnt even have to think about looking at another brand , i went straight back to mahindra ...

it's a small one at 26 hp but it is a work horse ,,,, it is everything i wanted and delivers all i have needed

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                              people always like to buy the cheapest thing available and talk it up... just sayin.

Kinda goes along the line of how people always like to talk about how cheap they got their vehicle and then talk about how expensive their house is...always bull*#&@

If you’ve been happy with your orang tractor I’d stay with it and just trade up
                              sounds like straight up jealousy ,

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                Have always had an orange tractor but looking to move up to ~70hp. Dealerships and service are the neck and neck for both brands. No regen on the Mahindra. $9260 less for the Mahindra.

I don’t buy stuff for resell value. I buy stuff for how good it does what I buy it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                What did you end up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X