Bow not drawing maxed out weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow not drawing maxed out weight

my 2017 maxed out 70# 28inch elite impulse that I had new strings put on in the summer before elk season, is only drawing 63 to 64#s
    I did not notice anything until mid-season when shooting with a buddy at 60 yards and my arrow's arch looked extreme compared to his (70# halon)
    I noticed my limbs weren't maxed out so I maxed them out with equal turns. Next time I shot we got out his chrono.
    My arrow is light top of my head it was 411 grains (axis 400 @ 27inches with 100 grain broadhead) and I was shooting 290ish
    I then used a draw weight scale and my bow is only pulling 63-64

I did not shoot a ton between the new strings and maxing out. Is it usual to lose 5+ pounds on draw weight after a month or two of light shooting?
    bow seems slow for everything too

Possible depending on the strings. I’d go add some twists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cables probably creeped on you, a couple of twist should put it back in spec and get the weight back up. Just check the ATA and you should know. ATA is probably a little long and the brace is probably a little short.

[emoji1662]

Comment

what they said above

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          Cables probably creeped on you, a couple of twist should put it back in spec and get the weight back up. Just check the ATA and you should know. ATA is probably a little long and the brace is probably a little short.

[emoji1662]
          +1

Comment

Working...
          X