Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is alibaba legit?

Has anyone bought from Alibaba?
    I’ve been pricing out some fencing materials for our place and alibaba website popped up, the prices are insanely cheaper. Is quality worse? I’ve seen some name brand fencing companies on their site, but idk if it’s real or not.

Cheep slave labor products. Been after my company to buy from them and it is a hard no...

Comment

It is generally legit. Many of the fence supplies you buy now are made in China and shipped over. You can buy from the same supplier at larger quantities for lower prices. We have done it on some construction materials from time to time. No issues and we saved quite a bit of money.

Comment

Check out their aluminum Jon boat prices

Comment

generally if it's too good to be true, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
            generally if it's too good to be true, it is.
            I believe Alibaba is legit.

There's just that dark spot where you can buy 100 "yeti" coolers but they're not labeled yeti. The factory with the contract is just stealing IP and selling directly to consumers.

Comment

Alibaba the company itself is huge and very much legit. They resale a huge amount of the company I work for.

Comment

Its the Chinese version of Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  I believe Alibaba is legit.

There's just that dark spot where you can buy 100 "yeti" coolers but they're not labeled yeti. The factory with the contract is just stealing IP and selling directly to consumers.
                  Yeah check out the minimum order #
                  We looked at purchasing some stuff and some stuff is minimum order 1000 . I don’t need 1000 16k winches for the ranch
                  It’s harbor freight type products, but In bulk

Comment

I've bought from Aliexpress successfully. Took about a month to get here but it did get here.

Comment

Alibaba is the Amazon or Ebay of China. What's important to factor when order from any Chinese supplier directly is 3 things. #1 how many do you need and will they sell you that quantity?. #2 How much will the shipping costs be? ( This will be huge because it's not just your portion of the container but the customs costs and taxes as well) 3. Do you have access to the exact specifications that you want them to build to? (This is also important... they will ask you what you want and they mean that on a micro level.)

I ordered several things for my house build a few years ago. Frosted garage doors and my iron front doors. I saved thousands and the garage doors are good but in honesty made some mistakes with specifications that seasoned garage door companies wouldn't make.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's fairly legit and it's also China state owned. No thanks.

Comment

I bet you did not realize that bow hunting is big in China

Comment

I used them in the past for carabiners for T-Mate® and it was legit. Shipping can be a deal breaker however.
                            Little crap like that all comes from China even if you buy it from an American supplier. It's unfortunate but there's not much choice.
                            (I have since found an American made alternative)

Comment

I didn’t think about the shipping expense. I imagine that would be hefty with the amount of fence I need. Glad to know it seems legit for other options though.

Comment

Working...
                              X