Lets talk rifle slings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk rifle slings.

Im fixing to have my 6.5-284 finished and want a quality sling for it. It is a long range hunting rig but its not real heavy (9ish lbs).

I was looking at vero vellini, and have messed with a few and they seemed nice but good greif!! $$$$ lol. I dont mind spending good money on one as this rifle is far from cheap, but i dont want to spend money on one that isnt any better than the others.

If you have one you like, post pics, tell why, where, how much , etc. Thanks in advance!!

And none of the mall ninja single point slings on a bolt action rifle please Leave that stuff for ARFCOM

I got to where I like the quake claw from academy. They come in brown green olive and zombie green. Think they were $20 and they don't slide off your shoulder. They also easily adjuatable. I used to be a super sling but I'm slowly switching all my slings to these

Comment

does it adjust out long, like for an elk hunt in the mountains ?

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
        I got to where I like the quake claw from academy. They come in brown green olive and zombie green. Think they were $20 and they don't slide off your shoulder. They also easily adjuatable. I used to be a super sling but I'm slowly switching all my slings to these
        Believe it or not, these are good slings for the money. I tried several with my 257 Weatherby but it would always either slide off my shoulder or would try to tilt back because of the long length and weight of the barrel.

Comment

I have a couple browning slings i really like, but they could be improved greatly. Im not really a fan of the claw one. Mainly because of the looks haha.

No one has ever used a vero velinni?

Comment

Vero Velinni well worth the money IMO opinion it's the best sling on the market.

Comment

You gotta tell me more than that!! lol

Comment

I have a claw on my 257 wby too... i have zero complaints about it.

I have alot of the butler creek ones and they do their job.

I made one from a camera sling. . It's red like the rifle lol. Works real well.

If there's one thing about the gun industry they need more options in the sling category.

Comment

dang you could hire an undocumented immigrant to carry it for you for what one of those cost!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                    I have a claw on my 257 wby too... i have zero complaints about it.

I have alot of the butler creek ones and they do their job.

I made one from a camera sling. . It's red like the rifle lol. Works real well.

If there's one thing about the gun industry they need more options in the sling category.
                    Agreed!!

Except the red sling part.... but its you. Its to be expected

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
                      dang you could hire an undocumented immigrant to carry it for you for what one of those cost!
                      Carry a rifle around all day on a crappy sling and i bet you change your mind

Comment

I like the Montana sling, no metal on them, adjusts quickly and has a classic look. Around $50 from Brownells or Cabelas

Comment

Link

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Agreed!!

Except the red sling part.... but its you. Its to be expected
                            Matching sling to colored laminates is bad ***!

Envy looks bad on you. Lol

Comment

I like my vero vellini slings. They do not slip off the shoulder, and it gives just enough without being bouncy. It makes my sendero rifle feel lighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X