F150 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
    My son has a 2017 f150 2.7 eco with 65000 miles, zero issues so far. I have a 2018 f150 4x4 3.5 eco max towing with 21000 miles zero issues so far. I get almost 20 mpg going to work. Got almost 22 mpg when wife and I went to Fredericksburg a few weeks back. The 2.7 is great choice if you don’t need max towing.

I should’ve added that in, maybe once a year I will haul out a side by side on a loaded trailer to junction. Maybe. How does the 2.7 handle towing toys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2.7 is a great choice and will handle that towing job easily. It is a quick truck too.

Comment

I have 185,000 on my 2012 3.5EB, waiting on a 2022 tremor.
        get the 3.5 if you want to have fun and good towing power.

Comment

I’ve had a 2012 ecoboost for almost 10 years and it has been a great truck. I have recently had a few unusual drivetrain issues but both shops I’ve taken it to have not been able to figure it out. Still drives ok, just making a funny knocking noise and misfire every once in awhile. Other than that I have really enjoyed the truck.
          On a separate note, we bought my wife an explorer in 2016 and have been very disappointed in the quality of her car. I’m not sure if that same quality has affected the F150s, but before I bought another one I would be looking into those things.

Comment

I have the 5.0 f150, after having chevy's for years, the only thing I don't like is the automatic turnoff at a redlight. The backseat of the crewcab has a lot more room. I said I wouldn't buy another Chevy till they get rid of the 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder and vice versus, both of the ones I recently had at 125k, they went out and motor had to be rebuilt and cost me a lot of money.

Comment

I have a 2010 F150 4x4 230K+ miles only issue was a transmission rebuild at 186k miles. Would like a new one but this thing still runs great and looks purty dern good still.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                the only thing I don't like is the automatic turnoff at a redlight..
                Youtube the solution for that. I have a 2016 3.5 EB, 165K on it and so far no issues.

Comment

I have both the 3.5 in a 2014 and the 5.0 in a 2018. Both have been excellent. Like the 3.5 more than the 5.0 because I have a tuner on it. Lot of power for a 6 cylinder and really fun the drive. Haven’t had any issuers from it and at 103k miles.

Comment

The automatic turnoff is annoying! On my 2021 Tremor I had the factory option to remove it and Im glad I did.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                      Thanks. Looking into this.
                      Just had this problem, luckily I had an extended warranty. Believe they are about $2,500 or maybe a little more to replace.

Comment

2020 3.5 and love it.

Comment

I believe the cam phaser issue is more prevalent on the 3.5 from what I have heard. I also had an IWE issue but they were replaced under extended warranty. Otherwise my 2017 3.5 ecoboost has been great

Comment

My Dad gets a new F150 every couple of years. A few years ago, one had an engine issue that they couldn't fix after having it in the shop for a year. They gave him a deal on a new one because they gave up on the issue, so it was kind of a wash. All of his others were fine. Personally, there are three things I like better in my Chevrolet: shifter is on the column, seats are way more comfortable (for me), and most importantly is leg room. I can't get over the lack of leg room in the front.

Comment

Bought a 2020 3.0 powerstroke for my FIL and that is a smooth running engine with decent power and great torque

Comment

Good little motors until you have to change timing belt, which requires dropping the transmission last I checked.

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Bought a 2020 3.0 powerstroke for my FIL and that is a smooth running engine with decent power and great torque

Comment

Working...
                                X