No announcement yet.

looking for a semi-auto 22 pistol to suppress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run a .Kimber 22 conversion on multiple 1911 frames. I had machine an extension for the barrel but it’s a great shooter. For grins I cut down a .22 T/C contender barrel and threaded it. A hoot to shoot with just the sound of the hammer dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      This is on my friend's trust. Hollywood quiet, but finicky.
      021 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Is it just me or does that picture make it look like it’s bent like a banana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Ruger with Dead Air Mask

How quite is that? I have a mkiii pencil barrel I’m looking at swapping out but keep going back and forth as cost is up there

Comment

Kinda looks like a hang-dwn hahaha

Comment

I need a shorter suppressor. Sparrows are really cheap right now
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
              Kinda looks like a hang-dwn hahaha
              Originally posted by bmac View Post
              Is it just me or does that picture make it look like it’s bent like a banana

Yes, it does . The pistol is actually standing sideways/leaning against the back of a bench with the barrel rested on the box of shells. The mags on the bench are laying flat.
              Deceptive.

Comment

whatever you get , stick to 4" barrel or shorter if you plan on getting most bulk pack ammo to stay subsonic ... had bought a 5" tacsol barrel and had to sell it for that exact reason .. also guns with closed chambers will be quieter to the shooter, but will also need to be cleaned more often .. example the buckmark is slightly louder than the ruger mk2. had both , shot them side by side all the time. if you want the feel of a 9mm , the m&p and tx22 are good choices , got both , love both ... slight edge on the M&P as you can get the 9mm sights on it , .. that's what I did to mine and the sights are now far superior... edge on the TX for magazine capacity.. my 2c .. good luck.

Comment

22/45

Comment

looking for a semi-auto 22 pistol to suppress

I’ve got a Buckmark Target model.

I bought it with Cabela’s bucks, so it was mainly a choice due to what Cabelas had as far as threaded pistols more so than my dream 22 pistol. I love the gun, but can offer 2 comments. First, the barrel is just long enough that about 50% of standard 36gr ammo reaches supersonic. 40gr LRN ammo stays subsonic. I believe a pistol with a shorter barrel like the Ruger 22/45 Lite would prevent that. Second, with the suppressor on, it is crazy long. Way longer than practical for field use.

One thing I do like though is the rail on top. I’ve got a micro dot sight from Primary Arms, and although the red dot and suppressor kind of make this the world’s largest and most unwieldy 22 pistol, it is super fun to shoot at paper or for plinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X