.22 mag suggestions/reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 999 View Post
    I bought a Ruger American stainless that has a threaded barrel. I’ve been extremely happy with it for the price and quality. Also a CZ fan.
    I did the same. I have used it very hard for two years with no issues. Shoots great and has killed the heck out the critters. I second that the Price and quality is top notch.

Comment

Marlin 925M. I've killed thousands upon thousands of things with mine. I can shoot through the mouth of an open beer can at 100 yards with it.

Costed me like $250 or so.

Comment

.22 mag suggestions/reviews

I have a standard Ruger American with the 22” bbl. Mounted a Vortex Copperhead in some Talley lightweights and did a DIY trigger job. It’s dang accurate.

Comment

I’ve had several and I own my last one now. I picked up a ruger m77/22mag from gun show about 7 years ago. The gun will put cci 40gr hollow points in the same hole at 100 yards. I don’t know if I lucked out or if it’s common with these guns but I’ve not had that accuracy out of my past 22 mags. I’d suggest trying one

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
            Cheap and good are 2 words that rarely go together in 22 Mag world. I have 5 of them but my favorite is my HK300 but it cost 1400$. They are all alot of fun though and are cheap to feed. At least they were when I bought my stockpile. Check out the Steyr Zephyr those are some nice WMR bolt guns.
            Could not agree more on the HK300 comment. Hits like a hammer with that polygonal rifling and extremely accurate. If you want to "invest" in a high quality 22WMR, check them out on Gunbroker.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a rugar American with a threaded barrel. It's a great rifle and accurate as all get out. Bought it as a predator gun but haven't shot anything with it other then a few coons.

Comment

I have the Ruger Precision in 22mag and my daughter has the new Tikka T1X in 17HMR. Both very accurate, but not cheap. I think both are in the $450-$500 range.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                  I have the Ruger Precision in 22mag and my daughter has the new Tikka T1X in 17HMR. Both very accurate, but not cheap. I think both are in the $450-$500 range.
                  I think that around$500 would be the most I would want to spend. Still have to put good glass and I figure another 5-600 for that.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                    I think that around$500 would be the most I would want to spend. Still have to put good glass and I figure another 5-600 for that.

I put a $170 Athlon Talos on my daughters 17HMR and a Leupy Freedom on my 22mag and they are shooters. Don’t have to spend a ton on glass for a great shooting rimfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      Could not agree more on the HK300 comment. Hits like a hammer with that polygonal rifling and extremely accurate. If you want to "invest" in a high quality 22WMR, check them out on Gunbroker.

I agree, I love mine. Awesome gun, and will hold its value well. Paid 600.00 for mine 12 years ago.

Comment

My sons have Marlin and Savage bolt actions respectively, both are shooters. Between the two I prefer the Marlin, I just dig the tube fed design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ruger american filled my needs nicely. Out my back door it’s right at 100yrds to the wood line and with a wicked light I own it with that rifle. So far 2 coyotes and 4 fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                            I agree, I love mine. Awesome gun, and will hold its value well. Paid 600.00 for mine 12 years ago.
                            Bought mine new before the import ban and paid $300 for it.

Comment

I have ruger 10/22 mag that I love I think it’s magnum research that builds one just like it now my buddy has one and really likes it but I think they are a little more pricy I think he paid 600 a few years ago

Comment

Ruger American “Predator version” has been great for me. Somewhat compact and super accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X