No announcement yet.

Catalytic Converter theft deterrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I painted mine with high temp(2000 degree) bright orange spray paint. Don't know if it will help but cheap enough to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      You coming to Bownanza?
      No...

Comment

Comment

Dangit!

Prayers for his family and friends.

I am just glad he was able to put holes in 2 of the scumbags.

Comment

Bought some cat protection plates from talons garage for our 4Runner. Easy install and seems like it’ll work. Although as with anything a thief could go the extra mile and still get them off, but I think it’s enough to deter someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could you take some cable and wrap it around the exhuast system then tack weld it?

I know a lot of people don't have the means to do that but that might work.

Comment

I got this for my Tundra when these thefts started getting bad last year. I put some "security" bolts on after these pics that are harder to get off.
                Attached Files

Comment

I used Valhalla Shields out of Cypress after mine were cut out. $250 was worth not having to go through that again.

07+ Tundra and 08+ Sequoia catalytic converter theft deterrent plates

Comment

I like them. Yes with a couple of guys and 20 minutes you could defeat them. Most thieves will take one look and move on.

Cat Straps dual exhaust cost $300.00
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was telling my neighbor here in Iowa about the catalytic converter thefts. He had never of heard of this kind of theft and could not believe that someone would steal a catalytic converter. I assured him that it was happening.

He said "What are them folks going to think of next"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Scotty had 2 of his four stolen in the hotel parking lot Friday night before Bownanza.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          Scotty had 2 of his four stolen in the hotel parking lot Friday night before Bownanza.
                          It did put a damper on the festivities...

Comment

I saw this skid plate from Talons Garage that looks like a pretty good Cat theft deterrent. It’s $200 more than the basic Cat Strap but that’s not a bad deal. I’d assume most of the thieves aren’t prepared for a partial skid plate removal.

This crime spree is definitely getting widespread. It’s hit close to home with a number of friends being victimized. Just this week a Houston cat theft & high speed chase ended just down the road with a standoff and arrest in Alvin.

Off-road skid plates and catalytic converter shields for the 2009-2023 Ford F-150. Our skid plates provide comprehensive protection to your vehicle's essential components, including the engine, transmission, and transfer case. This added safeguard ensures you can confidently tackle rocky trails, muddy paths, or even th

Comment

Got a guy coming back from Oklahoma that sold a few stolen converters for scrap metal. The incentive is there for thieves to continue doing this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a bunch of cat thefts at Aquilla lake recently I saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X