Converting IWB holster to OWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting IWB holster to OWB

Recently purchased a pistol that came with an IWB holster. Not sure who would carry a Glock 40 IWB haha.
    Any ideas on how to convert to OWB would be greatly appreciated. I did find some clips that might do the trick but would likely require some leather work...
    This is a crossbreed holster.

Have you tried putting it outside the waistband as-is?

Comment

Why couldn’t you just take those clips off, and reinstall them on the other side? It looks like they are on there with a screw.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Why couldn’t you just take those clips off, and reinstall them on the other side? It looks like they are on there with a screw.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried that but it’s pretty floppy with only the one screw for each clip. I thought about tapping the clips and adding another screw but would likely hang up on my belt.

Comment

They make clips with two jokes. I converted one for my 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remove the clips and cut in belt loop holes . Or get on eBay and buy Pre made belt loops for it .

Comment

Like these

Comment

Or these

Comment

Comment

Don't use the Serpa. The locking mechanism can become blocked with debris preventing you from depressing it and getting the pistol out.
                    I know, because it happened to me. I had to take it off, and bang it around pretty hard to get the little rock dislodged before getting the pistol out. Fortunately it didn't happen in a life or death situation.

Comment

Put the holster back to the way it came and run your belt through the clips and around your gun. Might not be comfortable but it should be tight.

I second the stay away from Serpa holsters. Some LE agencies don’t even allow officers to carry them. Several people have shot them selves while drawing due to it enough training time with the holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        Don't use the Serpa. The locking mechanism can become blocked with debris preventing you from depressing it and getting the pistol out.
                        I know, because it happened to me. I had to take it off, and bang it around pretty hard to get the little rock dislodged before getting the pistol out. Fortunately it didn't happen in a life or death situation.
                        Noted. I've never tried to pull my gun out without depressing the lock to see if it could be done. It's positive locks.

I had brush pull my XDS out of a IWB holster this year.
                        Last edited by Traildust; 02-21-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

My advice would be to get a quality holster designed for owb use and use the one you have for something else. I have one that is similar and I’ve considered just screwing the leather portion to my console or something as a way to make use of it. I also didn’t like it as iwb use..

Comment

Working...
                          X