Beaver’s Bend Mountain Fork River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaver’s Bend Mountain Fork River

Hey green screen, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Lower Mountain Fork River pertaining to rehabilitation or rebuilding of the trout habitat? I know it has been a while since the floods tore up the place but I didn’t know if the river was left as is or if there has been any attempt to rebuild the habitat.
    I was told that the fishery went down the tube after the floods and that there hadn’t been any plans to rebuild anything so I wasn’t sure if it was even worth the trip to try and trout fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know it is what it is and will stay that way

Sucks because it has not fished the same since that flood

Apparently there are some good fish in the deeper pools and folks are learning new techniques to catch them

Even the message board has pretty much dried up but you can find a little info there still.
    Beavers Bend Fly shop, then click on message board.

Comment

The floods created pools and better access which has led to big crowds. Still worth it IMO especially on a weekday.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
        The floods created pools and better access which has led to big crowds. Still worth it IMO especially on a weekday.

I’m seeing a lot of people talking about euro rods/method and that wade fishing isn’t as good? I’m on the boards and will see if there is anyone talking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The floods didn't destroy anything, just changed it is all.
          The lack of enforcement of the regulations of the park is what killed that river for fly fishing.

Comment

Working...
          X