No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just almost spit on the screen Justin, LOL hows the little man?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      LW, when ya say "ring necks" are ya talking mallards or ferrel doves? Up north their phesants .
      turtle dove I callem ring necks cause of the ring on their necks thinking of putting up a feeder so i can hunt the at the house.

Comment

Not sure if something has been said yet, but you may want to look over this years Lake Grapevine section on the Public Hunting Opps. Draw only, could it be at Whitney next year? Some good reading.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
          turtle dove I callem ring necks cause of the ring on their necks thinking of putting up a feeder so i can hunt the at the house.
          Aha! Eurasian Collard dove, aka ferrel doves. Once somebody's pet. Now loose to breed freely and they don't count as part of your daily bag limmit. They are exotics.

Pickles and I will be at your house shortly to start things off early (with the ferrels)

This one is a white morphed collared dove

Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-13-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Razor, Grapevine has alternated back and forth through the years on both the lotto and permits. I remember the first year permits were issued there. Hardly anybody got them. But very few people were out there to hunt too (with the exception of the duck hunters ). Most just target shot at the old bridge behind where my X-n-laws lived (when I was a married feller ). I wouldn't sweat it to much, as much as they change every other year,.............or two,...........or three.......
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-25-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Aha! Eurasian Collard dove, aka ferrel doves. Once somebody's pet. Now loose to breed freely and they don't count as part of your daily bag limmit. They are exotics.

Pickles and I will be at your house shortly to start things off early (with the ferrels)

[ATTACH]116718[/ATTACH]

This one is a white morphed collared dove

[ATTACH]116721[/ATTACH]
              That is them they like aggravating buck and drink from his water bowl.

Comment

New Crossbow regs via TPWD Site

Hunting Regulations
                These changes take effect September 1, 2009.

Panhandle counties that had the special short season for white-tailed deer now get the full north Texas season, the first Saturday in November through the first Sunday in January. Those counties are: Dallam, Hartley, Moore, Oldham, Potter, and Sherman. Dawson, Deaf Smith, and Martin counties, which had no open season on whitetailed deer, now get the regular open season.
                52 counties are added to the list of counties with antler restrictions.
                New crossbow rules approved. Crossbows are now allowed for use by all hunters during the archery-only season, except in Grayson County. Grayson retains the old restriction to persons with an upper-limb disability during the archery season. See News Release
                Laser sighting devices approved for hunters with a disability making it impossible to use conventional sighting devices.

Comment

dont get caught with a cross bow at whitney.

Comment

Switchback that is a awesome bucket mouth of a bass son!!!!
                    Yea I miss old Grizz maybe he will jump on here on day.

Comment

Thanks moon.
                      I figure after he gets settled, maybe he will catch us up.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                        dont get caught with a cross bow at whitney.
                        Well that is crap that they do not allow crossbows.

What is the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer View Post
                          Well that is crap that they do not allow crossbows.

What is the deal?
                          They allow them. You just have to be disabled to use one.

Comment

I remember someone mentioning that a permit may be required to harvest doe at Whitney. Has this been confirmed?

Comment

Just called TP&W. They could not find any referance to antlerless permit requirements by TP&W on COE lands. I even discussed the commision meetings and he couldn't find those. As soon as I got off the phone, I pulled up the commision meeting perposals of March 26.

" Adjust and clarify antlerless deer permit requirements on lands owned by the U.S. Forest Service, Army Corps of Engineers, and river authorities."

I guess TP&W has not clarified this, yet. So, by the responce I got while on the phone with TP&W, "it is up to the COE and thier projects", I guess we
                              are good to go on does unless the Whitney project, or COE, states otherwise.

Anybody have anything else to add? If you find any info to the contrary, please inform all ASAP, and COE at Whitney, and TP&W. Thank you!

Comment

BTW, the COE publications are out also.

Comment

Working...
                                X