Brushy Hill report 12-31-2015 to 1-3-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill report 12-31-2015 to 1-3-2016

My first experience with Brushy Hill was good. I knew we would be fighting a short stay so the idea was to get out there and get set up fast.

I wanted a good brushed in ground blind and in case of wind change, switch to a tripod.

Set up 2 ground blinds and ditched the tripods, not happy about that but we were on the clock and running out of time.

First day didn't disappoint, at about 4:30 I had about 7 small white tail walking through and feeding on the grain. 1- spike, a small 4 point and from what I could see a young 6 to 8 point. The 8 point was about 40 to 50 yards away but was spooked about something, he was uncomfortable was going with his gut feeling and moved on.. All small but exciting to be in the mix of it all. The coolest part was getting unnoticed for an hour or so.

Second day was Friday and we needed to set up another blind for the evening hunt. My buddy "ET" saw a few and a nice young 6 point, not a shooter but still he said it was nice to see. Tons of hogs ran around the area he was in.

My evening hunt was interesting, saw that 8 point again, a bit young but we stared at each other for about 1 full minute, I won the face off and he went back to eating grain.

Saturday was a complete wash out Rain RAIN RAIN, deep dark black sticky mud.

Sunday morning we were ready and anxious to get our buts out there !! Problem was it was a long walk out there and an even longer walk back.. We had back packs on, pop up blinds in one hand chair in the other..

All all it was a BLAST !! We didn't get the big boy or the beautiful doe this trip but we enjoyed being out there..

Met another hunter, goes by the name of Daniel, hell of a die hard hunter, worked it freaking hard, first one out and last one back, all on foot !! HE GOTTA A HOG
    I've never seen someone so happy on his birthday !!

The following pics are of the camp site, ground blinds, me sitting and waiting on the "BigBoy" to show his face, my buddies 6 point and lastly Dan's hog !!

There was one small issue with Brushy Hill but I'm hoping I can get the issue sorted out by next year and post a follow up..

Yep it looks wet.

Just a word of advise for the next trip but you really need to brush that blind in more. If I can see it the deer dang sure can. Some of the young ones may not spook off it but the good ones will for sure. You can't leave a single thread of fabric exposed.

We head out tomorrow morning at 4am. Gonna try to keep a live thread going.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Yep it looks wet.

Just a word of advise for the next trip but you really need to brush that blind in more. If I can see it the deer dang sure can. Some of the young ones may not spook off it but the good ones will for sure. You can't leave a single thread of fabric exposed.

We head out tomorrow morning at 4am. Gonna try to keep a live thread going.

10-4 !!

I just have to wait 10 months to try again

Dang, it's gonna be a long long year !!

Comment

looks good

Comment

Working...
        X