Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
    They aren't that strict
    Good to know. I will try to honor their rules. I guess best method is just try to see that they are an inch outside the ears on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      Good to know. I will try to honor their rules. I guess best method is just try to see that they are an inch outside the ears on each side.
      If it’s close then you’re fine. If it’s a 12.75” deer, they will most likely take it from you and write a ticket. There are plenty out there that are obviously legal, no question. Shoot for a mature buck.

Comment

Any surefire methods of making sure they are 15"?

Also, let's say since I am a bad judge of distance... I shoot 14.5". Is that illegal here or is that a rule that you get kicked out if broken?
        When I was out there a couple years ago, they had some skull mounts they will show during orientation. What you mentioned, they have an example. If you shoot one like that, he told us you probably will get scolded pretty good.

Comment

Outside the ears is their standard. If it's outside the ears and still under 15 you'll probably be ok. If it isn't you won't.

Comment

Good luck everyone this weekend. I won't be able to make the trip so at least one standby will be available

Comment

Hot diggitie dang I am an hour out.

Comment

Hot diggitie dang I am an hour out.
                Good luck!

Comment

If it don’t meet the requirements…. They WILL take your critter. I know a guy that missed by 1/2”

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    If it don’t meet the requirements…. They WILL take your critter. I know a guy that missed by 1/2”
                    Man, I guess a rule is a rule, but I hate that. Especially since 14.5" is very much legal just about everywhere else in the state.

Comment

Good lord there are some monsters out here. Can you believe the size of this scrape???

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good lord there are some monsters out here. Can you believe the size of this scrape???

I believe you mean rub?

Comment

I always get those mixed up [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Comment

Well, any success out there so far this week???

Comment

I saw 7 doe on my way out the last day I was able to hunt. Other than that, nothing else to report.

Comment

Had been seeing deer every sit but today was D E A D for me and dad

Dang this weather
                                Not sure if I looked at wrong week or what but I packed for cooler temps
                                Should have left my dove hunting stuff in my box of clothes

2 does checked in so far is all I know
                                Dad’s friend shot a bobcat one evening early (Sat?) and ran a bolt through a coyote the next morning

We are going to grind it out until the end, at least that is plan for now

Not much fresh hog sign and I have only seen one line black boar <150# and he was headed somewhere and at least 100yds out
                                They will probably show up now that I said that

Comment

Working...
                                X