Which Spine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Spine?

Ordered the Elite Omnia and was playing around with archers advantage with my current arrow setup and adding Nockturnal lighted nocks to the equation. Adding the Nocturnal nock changes my spine from being being slightly weak to too stiff. Without the Nockturnals the spine is optimal. I’m not sure if I should stick with the 350 spine or bump up to 300’s if using lighted nocks.

Arrow Spec:
    27”
    50 grain collar
    125 point

Bow Spec
    65 lbs. Draw weight
    28” Draw Length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

300. Will cover you if you ever decide to increase your draw weight.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      300. Will cover you if you ever decide to increase your draw weight.
      +1

Always err on the stiff side. An arrow thats too stiff is gonna be way easier to tune than one thats underspined.

Comment

If you can swap to 100gr heads you’re perfect. Otherwise could you cut your arrow any shorter? That 350 in the green will tune better than the 300 in the red based on my experience with the same arrows (250 spine but at 72# and 29.5” out of a Levitate).

Comment

Which Spine?

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
          +1

Always err on the stiff side. An arrow thats too stiff is gonna be way easier to tune than one thats underspined.

+2

Spent a lot of time a month ago chasing a nock low situation on one of my bows, was in the green and a tiny bit weak on spine…. turned out to be underspined for me in that bow. With field points under is actually a tad more forgiving, but once you put a broadhead on, even a mech, you definitely want to be on the stiff side.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X