Outdoor Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Kitchen

I’m starting to plan my outdoor kitchen. My current debate is having a pellet grill and a gas grill or just spending more one a top of the line pellet grill. I could get a Pit Boss and and a Weber for roughly the same price as a RecTeq. Currently using a small camp chef pellet grill (only experience I have with pellet grills) that is very spotty when trying to cook with high heat (steaks etc...). So I guess my question is has anybody went one way or the other and regretted it? I’m leaning towards just the the 1x grill for simplicity and I could see the gas grill collecting dust, but the convenience and consistency with high heat cooking has me second guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the Rec Teq 590 and a Weber Genesis. My Weber will get over 600 degrees in about 12 minutes. Great for steaks. I use my pellet smoker primarily for smoking briskets, pork butts, bacon, pastrami and jerky.

Comment

With a high quality pellet grill and a set of grill grates there is no reason to take p extra space with a gas grill.

I mean really if your gonna cook steaks on a gas grill you might as well do it it side on a skillet.

My Pitt’s and Spitts will get to 600° and with the grill grates or a cast iron skillet/griddle the cooking surface will get well over 700°. I also get the benefit of still having wood cooked flavor in the meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You can still use a gas grill without power. Gotta have electricity for pellet

Comment

I went with a BGE and a Weber genesis. I don’t feel my set up is lacking at all.

Comment

Thank you for the input guys, I’m still torn [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Primo oval xl400 and a 76,000 btu power sideburner

Comment

I'm just getting started building one and for sure will have a built in grill with griddle. Already have a yoder pellet grill. Probably add a free standing fish fryer.

Comment

Rectec and a blackstone. Then your covered for everything.

Comment

I'm looking at the Pit Boss that Lowes has. Pellet on the left and propane on the right.

Shop Pit Boss Pro Series Black Triple-function Combo Grill at Lowe's.com. The Pit Boss Pro Series 1100 Wood Pellet and Gas Combo Grill combines the best grilling fuels with the smartest technology to bring you a powerful outdoor

Comment

****.... never realized so many guys used pellet grills. I dont know one person personally who uses one. They creep me.out, are the pellets real wood? I bbq around 3 sometimes 4 times a week for dinner and I can get a mesquite wood fire going pretty fast with a pear burner.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                        Primo oval xl400 and a 76,000 btu power sideburner
                        I have the Primo XL as well, but I need a side burner. Can you share a picture of this set up? How did you add the side burner?

Comment

I ended up going with the vertical pit boss smoker because I already had a nice Weber. You get a lot of area to smoke more. I think I can do 5 briskets on mine.

Comment

I have a pitts and spitts maverick 1250 with the searing plate option. I would still have a separate gas grill for those nights when you need to cook quicker. My gas grill heats up and cooks faster with what I have, however when I have more time to cook a steak it goes on the pellet reverse seared. Huge difference

Comment

I like the gas grill/smoker setup. I went gas and primo and use both equally. Gas is great for cooking things quick but you cant replace a smoker.

Comment

Working...
                              X