Chevy door locks possessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2017 Silverado and the door locks have gone crazy. They continually unlock the doors over and over even while I am driving. Sometimes it will switch and continually lock the doors over and over. This has been going on for at least 6 month but this weekend it became more frequent. Has anyone ever heard of this before. I am hoping for a simple fix. I don't want to take it into the shop and have them spend 10 hours of labor trying to find an obscure problem, especially because it does not do it consistently. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
    I have a 2017 Silverado and the door locks have gone crazy. They continually unlock the doors over and over even while I am driving. Sometimes it will switch and continually lock the doors over and over. This has been going on for at least 6 month but this weekend it became more frequent. Has anyone ever heard of this before. I am hoping for a simple fix. I don't want to take it into the shop and have them spend 10 hours of labor trying to find an obscure problem, especially because it does not do it consistently. Any thoughts?
    I just had to get the master switch replaced on the driver door (2014 Silverado) for something similar, but mostly it was the windows, but every now and then it was a lock issue.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Replace the ground battery cable

Comment

Mine has been doing this for several years but only if my steering wheel is in a certain spot. I can adjust my tilt wheel in any other place and if wont do it. I've just learned to put my steering wheel in the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Comment

Quite likely this or clean ground, retighten connections etc.

Comment

Take the panel apart where the door locks are on the door. I had a real PIA door lock button. I was replacing the driver side door window and found the issue. Something must of spilled on the panel. I cleaned real good and worked fine. This was in a 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  this
                  Second and third on the negative battery cable/end

Comment

would a bad negative battery cable effect more than the door locks?

Comment

I had a 2013 ram that did that, doors lock and unlock on its on. They replaced the body control module. Computer controls almost all electronics on vehicles nowadays. If i recall it was about $50 for the module but it was under warranty.

Comment

My 2007 Silverado started with just the locks then I started getting alerts on my dash for other items. It was a battery cable issue.

Comment

My 2014 , some times has the anti theft light popping up, and the computer ask for a manual override! Very frustrating when it will not start
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-19-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Yup, gauges freak out, radio up & down, running like ****aki and anti-theft ( no start )

Comment

Thanks guys, I will try the cable first.

Comment

Working...
                              X