No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 months in the house, hard to believe. I finally got to building a workbench and starting to get my shop together. Shelves top to bottom on rear wall under the heater for storage. Work continues....

I put the cross from SJ there to remind me He made all this possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good Bill.....

Comment

We had elk snd mule deer around the rental house in Bozeman.

Then white tail and turkeys when we rented out here.

Now white tails below in the ag land below and pronghorns on this upland prairie.

Here’s one outside the kitchen window.

A doe had her fawn in a draw below our house. I never saw a pronghorn fawn before. I’m keeping my Tikka 7 mag next to the door for the upstairs deck should any coyotes come in looking for a meal.

I’m waiting to see if I draw an archery tag for their daddy.

Comment

That's cool!

Comment

We went for a ride this morning. I’m still blown away we’re 30 minutes up our road to public land(BLM, then Montana, finally National Forest).

This was 45 minutes door to door.

My elk exercise program starts on that wet, north facing slope tomorrow.

There’s been local reports of a griz sow and cub within a few miles. My UDAP bear spray and 10mm XD are always at hand.

Comment

Living the good life sir.

Comment

Yes, we are.

Comment

Great pics Bill, really beautiful place you got there.

Comment

I took off for a ride in the SxS this afternoon, get some fresh air (and eat dirt) and scout for elk and deer hunting. I can’t believe I took these pictures 45 minutes from our house.

Other than stickin’ wild hogs 10 minutes away from the old house, I really don’t miss Cali.

Comment

How is the heat wave hitting y'all? I have some friends traveling through Boise that had encountered 106* last Wednesday.

Comment

Beautiful pics Bill, awesome you can be there in 45 min!

Comment

Beautiful spot there! Wonder if there's any Indian artifacts on that noel your parked on.

Looks like some arkose in those stones?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                            How is the heat wave hitting y'all? I have some friends traveling through Boise that had encountered 106* last Wednesday.

It’s low 90s this week- very warm weather for Montana in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Beautiful spot there! Wonder if there's any Indian artifacts on that noel your parked on.

Looks like some arkose in those stones?

This area was hunting land for the Shoshone and Crow (Absorka) tribes. There are obsidian arrow points found around here- but the nearest obsidian is in Yellowstone 100 miles away.

I know a rancher who said he found a pile of obsidian in a large draw on his property. He guessed the Indians were carrying it somewhere, and left it behind for unknown reasons.

Comment

From my studies, you are correct in them leaving stashes behind. That way they didn't have to carry around a lot of raw material and half finished points. They could always knap points as needed when moving back and forth from different areas due to the seasons and game migrations.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X